What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
You mean with the Steel supports like The Voyage?

No...he means like California Screamin'.

p10605.jpg

It IS a steel coaster. But the layout is very..woodie based, as are the supports. There are other examples, but like mark, i can't actually remember off my head.

---------

That said, I'd rather a proper woodie for Alton

Mark

Strata Poster
I was basically thinking any of the above really. I was wondering whether Alton would go so far as to disguise a steel as a woodie or perhaps something more like The Voyage. It's probably a complete mis-thought, but it sprang to mind when I was thinking about how they would get around all the rules they have etc..

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
I highly doubt they will drag in another B&M. Unless it was a floorless or something of that sort. They practically have everything else. B&M Flier, Dive Machine, Suspended Coaster etc. They are likely to jump on the wooden coaster bandwagon which they've been faffing over for the last few years. Even if it was steel structured like California Screamin' I doubt it would be anything of the size (not height) because even with Corkie gone the park doesn't have all that much space to play with. It wont be very high because of the planning officials and local's moaning as usual. Perhaps they will do what they did with Nemmie and Oblivion and build it partially underground? That would be amazing, walking through Thunder Rock Ralley whilst a semi-wooden coaster rumbles underneath you then you have Rita launching over your head. Whatever they do I hope they pull it off big time. I'm not particularly excited with the Sealife thing, but I'm extremely excited to see what Alton do for their 10th Millenium year. That is the time when they will need a new coaster and I know they wont let us down. They are going to need something good to replace their most classic ride, thats how I KNOW they will pull it off.

A

Anonymous

I dont think the park will go for B and M again either, for the main fact that the majority of the parks coasters are B and M and i woulnt imagine the park sticking to one manufacture, maybe GCI or something if they are going for wood but if its not a wooden coaster then i could imagine the park going for an Intamin.

As for the Sealife center, i think it will suit mutiny bay very well as mutiny bay is based and themed around an island with water Ect therefore i think the Sealife center would suit this part of the park very well. The Sealife center will also be a good addition for those who dont like rides.

Bring on Sealife and maybe a flat :--D

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Umm... two B&M out of seven running coasters?

How I look forward to the day we safely get to know whather the new ride is an SW or not. If it is, then we might expect something uniques, if not, my best bet is woodie. A Hybrid would be sweet too, as they can be built with more forces due to stronger supports.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
B&M Wood!

Suspended B&M Wood!

With a water splash!

For families

And a launch!

;)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Wait... is the new attraction for 2009 a Sea Life Centre?

**** that, if I wanted to go to a sea life centre I'd go to Scarborough.
Looks like I won't be at Alton until 2010 then.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Also a retheme of Cred street, and Ug Swingers is moving to Cred Street. Some other bits of tarting up here and there too

So nothing much generally then, nope :(

Slash

Giga Poster
furie said:
B&M Wood!

Suspended B&M Wood!

With a water splash!

For families

And a launch!

;)

LOL imagine if there was a water splash on an invert, you'd get more soaked than on "Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls".

No but seeing as its an SW it wont be a woodie, plus they wouldnt build a woodie as ug land is very close to the village and i dont think the village would like the sound of rumbling wood. So we have to look forward to a steel coaster thats new and cool. Hopefully something new to europe like a terra coaster, now that would be cool.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
We only have a rumour it's a SW, so I wouldn't pin too much hope on that one.

Intamin wood is also pretty bloody quiet - don't know about GCI as I've not done one yet.

Wood also fits with the family ride. I wonder if they bought SOB's Loop? :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I hope they put more effort into the sea-life than Chessington did. Theirs is what looks like a temporary tent.

Aquariums are all exactly the same inside though. Whenever sea-life started preventing you touching the rays and not having interesting things like octopus was when they began to be a complete failure at life and plummet into the realm of boring.

And if these are the thoughts of someone who likes animal attractions a heck of a lot, then what on earth do the majority of people think?

Proper attractions, plz.

Dave

CF Legend
br00kes123 said:
I hope they put more effort into the sea-life than Chessington did. Theirs is what looks like a temporary tent.

It really does.

B&M Wood!

B&M wood indeed!

Your an idiot to think that. The only wooden coaster B&M were involved with was Psyclone, and its been demolished. So that says how B&M love wooden coasters.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Lol just thought it would be an (unrealistic as you've pointed out) idea if it is a SW as all of them have B&Ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.