What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Wardely wants wood.

This is probably his last chance. There is no way at all that Alton would pass this opportunity up for him. The only thing is, is that it won't be as awesome as say, Oblivion was when it was being consrtucted, due to the fact they won't shut Rita down during the season so they can build it. Still, I can't wait to see what he can do.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I think time's going to distinguish wether Towers will get wood or steel.

But if it's steel, it's still going to have to be distinguished as for what type of coaster it is.

trav

Mega Poster
Ben said:
Honestly, if it wasn't going to be SW6, I'd be flogging family coaster as well.

BUT. It's a SW. It's going to be big.

Have Alton confirmed it's a SW? I thought it was just a silly rumour made up by ATA. :S

A

Anonymous

I think chances are its gonna be either A B&M something or a IAG Something. Dunno what but it will and will probs be like nemesis when its built into the ground, Because Alton will want to do something massive for Publicity.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Any body going to join me on the 9th, for one last go on the Corkscrew?

It's only fair, it's been there quite a while now.

Dave

CF Legend
Not sure if its been mentioned but Alton Towers general manager is leaving at the end of the year and moving to sort out Sea Life Centers. So a new manager next year.

Mark

Strata Poster
Bit of an odd question here, but do you think it's possible they might go for one of the steel but disguised as wood coasters?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Right...

Can you give an example of a ride like this? I'm struggling to picture what it would look like.

Mark

Strata Poster
Well, you have things like California Screamin' which is blatant steel but themed like a woodie.

Or possibly one of those ones that is basically steel structure but has the components of a woodie for the track etc. (I remember Rob telling me about them but cant remember an example?!?!?!?)

spicy

Giga Poster
You mean with the Steel supports like The Voyage?

p15967.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.