Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Quick update, John Wardley confirmed:

John Wardley Website said:
His current projects include the creation of major new rides for Thorpe Park for 2009 and Alton Towers for 2010 as well as acting as consultant to Merlin Entertainments for the development of their other attractions.

spicy

Giga Poster
If its a Eurofighter I am going to cry.

Its good to know that John is confirmed, it looks like it is his own project aswell, if he is a man of his word we should smell some fresh wood come 2010 :--D

Just don't let that Candy women get her hands on it :lol:

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Please not another UK Eurofighter!!

Not too sure I want a woodie at towers either, but it'd be better than a Eurofighter.

Long as its a coaster and not another family themed area!!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Bicko said:
Long as its a coaster and not another family themed area!!

ATA say that Alton have confirmed it's a coaster and that the budget has been secured.

No reason to believe otherwise, other than Alton are swines for spreading false rumours.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I don't know whether it will be a Eurofighter, I mean if it's confirmed that this project is known as SW6, I don't think it will be.

Jools

Giga Poster
Hmm.. What else is there that it could be, and I am 99.9r% curtain it's not going to be a 4D Coaster

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Well I think all the Secret Weapon's been World firsts? (Bar Nemesis)

So if we're talking about SW6, I think it'll be on the 'World First' bandwagon.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ormerod said:

There's something wrong with the essence of that statement :lol:

Again, SW status is not officially confirmed in writing, just confirmed on ATA as much as it is a coaster. Again, no reason for disbelief, the sources are probably good, but not guaranteed...

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
furie said:
Ormerod said:

There's something wrong with the essence of that statement :lol:

Again, SW status is not officially confirmed in writing, just confirmed on ATA as much as it is a coaster. Again, no reason for disbelief, the sources are probably good, but not guaranteed...

Question: Wasn't Nemesis a first of some kind?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It was the first Invert in Europe.

I believe it's still the only coaster which doesn't reach the lowest point of the ride until over halfway through (pretty much all other rides drop top to bottom right at the start).

However, I'm happy for somebody to come along with another example of this and prove me wrong :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Question is: What could that be? What does the rest of the world have that Europe doesn't have?

- We can rule out B&M Standup and Intamin Twisted Impulse coaster.
- Aquatrax doesn't really seem like Alton.
- S&S El Loco and Eagle coasters are already confirmed other places.
- 4Ds are also massive. The trains are the size of city buses, and the coasters are tall as buildings. Alton can't build that.
- ZacSpins also require a bit of vertical space. Even halfway submerged, to fit height restrictions, they wouldn't be unique to Europe.
- Tilt Coasters? I don't know whether to facepalm or burst out laughing.
- EDIT: There are no Hybrid coasters in Europe. However, they're hardly more than regular woodies in the eyes of the GP.

This is exciting. The least thing I'd say about Altons 2010 coaster, is that it's predictable.

trav

Mega Poster
Pokemaniac said:
- EDIT: There are no Hybrid coasters in Europe. However, they're hardly more than regular woodies in the eyes of the GP.

T'Ultimate. It might be a hybrid in the wrong way, but it's still a hybrid.

I don't get why people think that it's definatly going to be a new thrill seekers ride. I can't see Alton straying away from their "family" thrills.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Well trav, it would hardly go a miss at Alton, after all we've seen Infusion, Kumali, Stealth, Rage, Speed and we will be seeing Saw arrive at Thorpe. That's as many I can think of after Alton's last coaster.

I do think it's Alton's time.

trav

Mega Poster
Ormerod said:
Well trav, it would hardly go a miss at Alton, after all we've seen Infusion, Kumali, Stealth, Rage, Speed and we will be seeing Saw arrive at Thorpe. That's as many I can think of after Alton's last coaster.

I do think it's Alton's time.

Alton already has Nemmy, Air, Blivvy and Rita though.
That's 4 big coasters.

Thorpe has Colossucks, Nemmy Inferno, Stealth and will be getting SAW.
That's 4 big coasters.

And when they're trying to promote Thorpe as the thrill capital of England, I think we have a few more years, until they've added more big coasters into Thorpe, to wait. There's no doubt there will be a coaster in 2010. I just think it'll be one of the more family orientated ones.

Ben

CF Legend
Honestly, if it wasn't going to be SW6, I'd be flogging family coaster as well.

BUT. It's a SW. It's going to be big.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
A major attraction, agreed, whats racking my brains is will it be a first of any sort?

Alton are unique with ride selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.