What's new

Cedar Fair Investing Around 140 Million In 2020

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
What the hell is that $140 million going towards? Cause it certainly ain't hotels!
Did...you miss the list of attractions that each of the 11 parks is adding? Kiga will likely be around $40 million, which is a huge chunk of the pool for one single ride. They announced that $10-15 million would be spent on Schlitterbahn additions. Each slide complex probably costs $10 million, and there are three of them. Both mat racers probably cost $10 million. Camp Snoopy probably costs $10 million as well. Let's assume all the festivals total $10 million also, and might as well assume another $10 million for Canada's Wonderland's projects, including hotel. Using those swag numbers, we're up to $120 million of the disclosed $140 million. Gathering more accurate numbers will likely put you closer to that disclosed number, and then any minor, unannounced projects (restaurants, paint, painting services, other various infrastructure projects, etc) will fill in that remaining sum.

Remember, that cost is spread across 11 parks, with Kings Island receiving more than the lion's share of the pie. Also, things aren't cheap anymore.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Exactly. I was also making reference to the first two pages of discussion on how many roller coasters were going to how many parks. :p

The money got allocated. Just on a lot of water slides.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
At least Six Flags will have more of a thrill year than Cedar Fair
You'd think that...but Six Flags' hype machine is much worse than Cedar Fair's. They'll probably have a similar mix of announcements: two or three medium sized coasters, a few flats, some water slides, and a couple festivals.

One thing I haven't said yet about Cedar Fair's announcements is that even though more than half of these items are water slides and we're only seeing one major coaster coming to the chain, every addition with the exception of Valleyfair seems significant and needed. I feel much more satisfied seeing these announcements compared to previous years where they were hyping up announcements about cabanas and restaurants.