What's new

Thorpe's New MTDP

Jools

Giga Poster
Oh right yeh durr, silly me!
But 2012 does make sense, plus if they're meant to get everything done in that MTDP up til 2016 then best get building one of the major projects next year I thinks, I can't see Thorpe leaving it another year to build something major!

Nic

Strata Poster
Yeah, if any tourist attraction in the South-East is planning on making a big investment in the near future, they stand to get the best return if they can get it open for the 2012 season. I can't really see Merlin doing anything else massive in the UK between now and then, and as Joey said, Thorpe will be due a new coaster by then. Plus, don't forget, there's all those rumours about X-Raptor being a practice run for Thorpe's next installation...

marc

CF Legend
Thorpe will want to make sure they have new things for 2012 as they will get extra visitors due to the Olympics. It will be a big year for Thorpe, Chessington and Legoland in fact Merlin.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Jools said:
Martyn B said:
^ Why you sure of that?

Because wasn't that called Storm Surge, plus Cypress Gardens got rid of most of its rides, and many were shipped abroad, and it was the same colour scheme, so all evidence I think it's pretty clear it's this one.

So for 2012, Thorpe is getting a load of cast-off's from Cypress Gardens?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
So for 2012, Thorpe is getting a load of cast-off's from Cypress Gardens?

NO!

This year they are getting the cast-off...

2012 is the rumoured new coaster that many are pointing towards it being a B&M X-Raptor dealie...

corkscrew

Roller Poster
Thorpe Park New ride.

I know its a travelling Rapids model but does anybody know the code name for it? :x

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's just a piece of junk second hand pass me down ride they got cheap. It doesn't have a codename. Will probably keep the original name of Storm Surge or some such rot.

I found that out by hunting for entire seconds for a Thorpe topic by the way ;)

Nic

Strata Poster
Yes, big posters around and about Thorpe confirm that its keeping the name Storm Surge. They actually make it look half decent, and a lot of the GP were getting excited about it. Shame they're all going to be bitterly disappointed.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I thought exactly that. I saw the Thorpe website, which made it look utterly epic, then snapped out of it to realise what it actually was. I'm sure it'll be a laugh.

A

Anonymous

Nothing is really known of a coaster but this ride looks to be a pretty good one with its height and uniqueness. It may not be a coaster but it will fit well with Thorpe's water rides and I think it was a great move for them! Something fun for everyone

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Have you been on one? I think they're the biggest disappointment ever! I always think they look kind of cool and then they just suck throughout and you don't even get wet. Lame.

AJ

Giga Poster
Will it go upside down? My mum says it'll go upside down. That'll be really cool. I can't wait to go upside down on it!

Ethan

Strata Poster
AJ said:
Will it go upside down? My mum says it'll go upside down. That'll be really cool. I can't wait to go upside down on it!

No it won't, its a water ride....get real

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
There seems to be no active topic in the ride construction section, so I thought I'd put in here the terrible photo that's appeared on fb today (for all non fb users).

Just why would you put this photo up before repainting? It looks absolutely hideous!!!

16460910150099864955867.jpg