What's new

Thorpe's New MTDP

Tim

Roller Poster
Mark said:
Of course, we could hope that levels of theming and so on would alleviate this problem but that is another conversation now isn't it...

I'd imagine that any large scale theming would have been present on the planning application, as it would be a substantial part of the visible structure.

So even if there's a second round of the application process due with all the intimate colour and theme details, I can't see anything so large being added that it would obscure what's already been presented in the height and density digrams.

Now I've thought about the whole thing some more though... what seems stranger to me than Thorpe's interest in the ride... is why Legoland Florida DIDN'T want it.

Once dressed up in plastic brick attire, wouldn't it be Lego audience perfect?

hwz9ra.jpg

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Tim's drawing <3

In regards to people saying it would be better suited at Chessie, they do have quite a strict height limit there... So it would require digging down (a la Rattlesnake) for one, and also there's many other rides I'd rather see go there instead...

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm going off this already. After looking at the plans, then looking on Google Earth, its going to look hideous wedged in between Colossus and Tidal Wave.

And to remove a whole kids area just for one faimly ride seems a bit extreme to me. Are the Octopus Gardens rides being relocated in the park?

A

Anonymous

I am not familiar with these spinning rapids rides, as I have no personal experience riding one. I have seen pictures and they look like fun; However, this looks like a stupid idea, mainly because it crowds a section of the park with too many rides.

A

Anonymous

I went on this very ride on my trip to Florida around a year ago! :D It's a pretty decent ride aimed really for a younger audience, but I do recall getting some good hangtime on a couple of the corners. I don't remember getting very wet on it but then again the raft was unbalanced and I was on the lighter side so not sure if the other side remembers a wetter ride to me :lol:

I'm not sure how I feel about this one making it's way to Thorpe Park, I'm dissapointed as I feel Thorpe has too many water rides as it is for England but part of me hopes if Merlin can ship us a water ride they're capable of shipping us The Starliner which to my knowledge is yet to find a home!

I know it's a pipedream but when you think there are 2 proposed new coasters within the next 5 years and 3 possible plots one can only dream...

Rankle07

Roller Poster
hmm, i would prefer something a bit more extreme. but still, a water ride is better than nothing at all :D

TPAddict

Roller Poster
I'm speechless, what were thorpe park thinking when they decided to put this in the park?!. This area is crowded enough already & there are much better flat rides that could go there, which take up less space too!

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Looking from the top of Depth Charge, I saw identical track to the Storm Surge picture, across the river. The same colours and shape.

tks

Strata Poster
So... In a park with a Log Flume, a Rapids, a Chute thing, and a drench you through to your undies ride.. They're adding another water ride?

k then.

Jools

Giga Poster
I'm actually pretty angry they decided to build this, when there is so much more they could have added into that space!!

Karen

Hyper Poster
I've been on the 1 at Asterix and Bobbejaanland and I think they are good fun but very long queues. Usually you don't get that wet but Chaz's dad got drenched down his back at Bobbejaanland when it bumped into the wall at the bottom of the big drop. They can spin as fast as a waltzer too which is a giggle.

See 55seconds on this vid for a pic of it and Chaz's dad's wet back.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KWeN6Hzhg8[/youtube]

Parc Asterix at the start of this vid and you can see it spins quite well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvtnpfYI7LM[/youtube]

marc

CF Legend
I got wet on the one in Hansa Park, I was the only person to get wet on it!

I would probably not bother with this one if it was not walk on.

Best thing about the ride will be that it could help the queues on other rides :)

xkirstyx

Roller Poster
i went to thorpe today and they have taken down all the octopus gardens and i saw posters advertising the new ride.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Is this ride from Cypress Gardens/Legoland FL?

I remember there being one when I went some years ago, never got on it though.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^I believe it is that one. Yeah, not too happy with this ride, but I'm sure 2012 will be the year that the park really goes for it with new rides...

Jools

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
^ Why you sure of that?

Because wasn't that called Storm Surge, plus Cypress Gardens got rid of most of its rides, and many were shipped abroad, and it was the same colour scheme, so all evidence I think it's pretty clear it's this one.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Jools said:
Martyn B said:
^ Why you sure of that?

Because wasn't that called Storm Surge, plus Cypress Gardens got rid of most of its rides, and many were shipped abroad, and it was the same colour scheme, so all evidence I think it's pretty clear it's this one.
Pretty sure Martyn B meant why so sure about 2012.

I recon 2012 too. Just makes sense. Lots of tourists to London that year, surely? So international acclaim would be really worthwhile for Thorpe.

Also, the last 3 coasters have been at 3 year intervals.