What's new

Thorpe's New MTDP

Nic

Strata Poster
Yeah, plus 5 flats.

Actually more excited about them increasing the amount of street lights in the carpark ;)

davidm

Strata Poster
And NoWayOut is still there! BOOOOOOO!

...and ExtendPizzaHut and ExtendBurgerKing2 woooo!

Mark

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Aquatrax is the second coaster...

After the prototype B&M wooden launched 4-D coaster...

Hahahahahhaahhahaha.

Sounds good, but as with all Medium/Long Term plans, there is a massive amount of subject to change.

Either way, a potential 50m coaster (164ft) or even a 40m (131ft) and 5 new flat rides is a thumbs up... providing it happens...

Nic

Strata Poster
Indeed. Can't remember off the top of my head how much of the previous MTDP actually happened. I know Stealth was on there.... but what else? I can think of a couple of things that didn't happen (2nd det tower, B&M signified by Err's layout on the plan - although didn't that then become Sore?)... but what else?

Mark

Strata Poster
A round ride at the bottom of Stealth was also on there and I think there was another flat that was indicated too?

AND PLEASE- This is not an invitation to start dredging up the alleged failures of Thorpe.

Also, the Saw coaster was to be of a Inferno scale... (That is of course a massive debate - which is NOT for now!). The Stealth layout was originally drawn in as being much more like Accelerator and had the grandstand too.

I think the hotel is probably the most likely of the plans at the moment. As coaster designs and plans can change depending on the technology that develops etc.

Personally, I think it will be fantastic to see some more flat rides at Thorpe.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Mark said:
A round ride at the bottom of Stealth was also on there and I think there was another flat that was indicated too?

HAHAHAHAHA! STINGERS <3

Ahem...

In seriousness, the park does need to be bigger... And does need some higher capacity rides to cope with the larger crowds they are getting with each year...

They just need to make sure the new things are reliable and at least try and give them some form of atmosphere...

Mark

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Mark said:

HAHAHAHAHA! STINGERS <3

Ahem...

In seriousness, the park does need to be bigger... And does need some higher capacity rides to cope with the larger crowds they are getting with each year...

They just need to make sure the new things are reliable and at least try and give them some form of atmosphere...

The Stingers! Christ, don't remind us!

And yes with the atmosphere. I think that could be alleviated with more actual score music rather then just another radio station... But theming is a long way off yet...

Mark

Strata Poster
These plans may have been revised/updated or something?

Either way, I presume Vadge posted them because
WEEKLY NOTICE OF APPLICATIONS REGISTERED BY
RUNNYMEDE BOROUGH COUNCIL FOR THE PERIOD ENDING:
30/06/2010

Making them much more recent.

That original plan could have been purely on a prelimary basis before submitting the fully detailed MTDP. (I know this happens because we have had several stages of planning submissions for our new museum)

Nic

Strata Poster
^What Mark said. You're right though, Ciall, they do look like the first draft of these, and I had forgotten about them. I had a feeling someone would say that this had been done when I started the topic.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Having lived through a couple of previous MTDPs, I'm looking forward to months of hyped-up speculation, the unveiling of something which is moderately ok, followed by slating and disappointment from "enthusiasts."

Am I excited about the MTDP? No. No I'm not. I'll get excited when something actually materialises.

andrus

Giga Poster
The two new rollercoasters will be upto 40m and 50m high
Sounds to me that the roller coaster models are already decided and that there probably won't be a woodie.. I think it's good news though that the park wants to expand further and build two new big quality rides! :--D

jokerman

Giga Poster
"Up to 40m and 50m".

When people complain at the two new 10m high rides, the park will just say "AH, we only said UP TO 40m" :--D

Ben

CF Legend
None of those layouts look like B&M Hypers to me...

Silly Thorpe.

And WHY is Neptune's Kingdom still there...

Jake

Strata Poster
I think what they need to do first is the car park/entrance area. It's not very exciting, but it's the first and last thing you see of the park and it really is a shambles. As for the dome/Neptune's kingdom in general...