What's new

Thorpe's New MTDP

kir

Hyper Poster
The ride was packaged wrong (apparently dismantled in a place that it should never be dismantled) and it cost more time and money than planned to get things fixed, coupled with the spiders that were infesting the cargo boxes I think a lot of time and budget was misplaced. I know it would have looked crap regardless but I believe things went wrong to make it look worse than originally intended. For what it's worth it was actually a fun ride, I thought the rubber feet and the rubber mats strategically placed around the tube to make it spin were quite clever.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
kir said:
coupled with the spiders that were infesting the cargo boxes I think a lot of time and budget was misplaced.

Erm... What? :lol:

That is possibly the most hilarious excuse I've ever heard for a ride being crap...

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
The MTDP for TP looks ok in my opinion. Can't wait to ride the 2012 and 2015 coasters and Storm Surge is a bit of fresh air after the horrors of Saw

EDIT: As for it being temporary, I guess that depends on popularity. As was mentioned with Detonator, it seemed that it became popular so they decided to keep it (and were at one point considering a SECOND tower...).

I did know there were plans for a deternator tower 2 but in my opinion I think it would make the queue times shorter

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think the second Det tower plans were scrapped after the ride proved to be relatively unpopular after the first couple of seasons. Somebody discussed it recently actually... Can't remember who or where though...

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
furie said:
I think the second Det tower plans were scrapped after the ride proved to be relatively unpopular after the first couple of seasons. Somebody discussed it recently actually... Can't remember who or where though...
But detonator is still a popular ride in my opinion and it always gets good queues