Here are the videos I filmed:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11R8jeTzB0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERGmNoBZ4VU[/youtube]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Great videos Jerry!

At this point, I haven't a clue how testing will... look. That is, what to expect with how fast trains go through the course. With such wild turns and elements, there will certainly be a lot going on.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Hyde said:
Great videos Jerry!

At this point, I haven't a clue how testing will... look. That is, what to expect with how fast trains go through the course. With such wild turns and elements, there will certainly be a lot going on.

inb4 IT'S SOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW :wink:

Todderick

Roller Poster
Has the snow affected construction sched? I live in Canada about 75 miles north of Maine and we're buried this winter. 12 ft snow in last month. I know NE has been hit pretty hard too

Intricks

Strata Poster
So apparently Wicked Cyclone had a bit of mid construction re-design, and had made one of its banked turns near the Zero-G into an OUTERbanked hill.

c310a5289ab76501181071c01777090f.jpg

cefcbccffba15b19a80f14a7fb35af13.jpg

So instead of the 3 overbanks, it will go Banked turn -> Outerbank hill -> Banked Turn -> 1st Zero-G roll

Snoo

The Legend
This is like a very attractive actress wanting to join you when your already with another very attractive actress. I'm not gonna say no.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I'd say more the girl next door who you know for years, then learn she has a sultry past.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Snoo said:
This is like a very attractive actress wanting to join you when your already with another very attractive actress. I'm not gonna say no.

I'd say it's more like your entire hall pass list shows up on your doorstep and Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones narrate the goings on.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Here's a close up of the train which has arrived on site. Not sure how I feel about all the gray.

11042652_10152843684473740_7952755852015669336_n.png

Trains aren't the nicest, but basically it probably won't be the main thing going through rider's minds while they're on this bad boy. Looks amazing, I seriously can't even wait for testing to start.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Something that has not been mentioned yet: Wicked Cyclone is utilizing urethane wheels instead of steel wheels. I wonder how that will affect the ride experience - will it somehow ride more smoothly? Will the wheels require less maintenance?

One thing to note although the effects will probably be unnoticeable:

Urethane is softer than steel, and so these wheels will exhibit a greater rolling resistance. Pulling values off of various websites, steel railroad wheels running on steel track exhibit about 0.001 for a rolling resistance coefficient as opposed to urethane rolling on a steel floor exhibiting a rolling resistance coefficient of 0.030.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/rolli ... _1303.html

http://www.plantengineering.com/single- ... 5db65.html

One thing to note: these numbers are generalized values and were not tested on the coaster itself. The only thing one should gather from this little data mining session is that Wicked Cyclone will basically run slower at the end of the ride compared to if it had steel wheels. I do not feel like analyzing the entire coaster, but the difference might be less than 1 MPH. Although this design choice might be a good thing because if the animation holds true, this ride is going to run like a bat out of hell.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Do other Iron Horse RMC's run urethane wheels? They are silk smooth, and would be difficult to imagine as having steel wheels. To that end, what about Outlaw Run - what wheels does it use?

As far as maintenance, I would imagine urethane does require more maintenance than steel, only as steel is a more durable material. This would make it a trade off, but one that absolutely goes to the benefit of ride smoothness and ability for tight elements, thanks to maintaining better contact with the track.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I thought the other RMCs had steel wheels. I found a picture of OR's wheels taken at IAAPA on their display car but I'm on my phone waiting for calc to start so I can't show it. But I did think that all RMC trains used steel wheels, I even recall them mentioning it specifically at IAAPA the year they mentioned they would be making their own trains in the future.