What's new

Six Flags New England | Wicked Cyclone | RMC Iron Horse

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I see what Jarrett means. The on-ride video did make it look like it was crawling a bit, but I think we've seen enough off-ride footage to know that the pacing will be very good.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
There appears to be some after-video effects, such as motion stabilization, that could throw off the perspective of the video. And I will put down $100 right now to bet the roller coaster will travel faster under normal operating conditions and temperatures.

I have wondered when the "Bad RMC" conversation would start up - naturally, the company has to make a fluke somewhere along the way. However, I would find it really difficult to find a bad RMC to still be a bad ride compared to what else is out there. These simply are fantastic roller coasters with original layouts, and at a certain point you are splitting hairs on what are otherwise fantastic machines.

Darren B

Giga Poster
It's ridiculous to judge a ride experience from a POV of a test run, and an early test run at that.

You have to account for the extra weight of the riders, the fact that it will warm up as the day goes on, and the tweaks that they'll make to it before it opens.

I think it looks fantastic. The layout, the airtime and the thought that this was, last year, a mediocre woodie makes this my most anticipated coaster of the year and I don't think it'll disappoint.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Darren B said:
It's ridiculous to judge a ride experience from a POV of a test run, and an early test run at that.

You have to account for the extra weight of the riders, the fact that it will warm up as the day goes on, and the tweaks that they'll make to it before it opens.

I think it looks fantastic. The layout, the airtime and the thought that this was, last year, a mediocre woodie makes this my most anticipated coaster of the year and I don't think it'll disappoint.

Exactly, and remember: Outlaw Run (Yeah looks quick but IDK, its so short! etc etc) and Skyrush (doesnt look that fast, its just a few hills and turns) soooooo yeah, take POVs with some salt!
And as said above, I actually thought this POV moved at a good clip, and the off boards were indeed pretty quick.

Snoo

The Legend
Hyde said:
There appears to be some after-video effects, such as motion stabilization, that could throw off the perspective of the video. And I will put down $100 right now to bet the roller coaster will travel faster under normal operating conditions and temperatures.

I have wondered when the "Bad RMC" conversation would start up - naturally, the company has to make a fluke somewhere along the way. However, I would find it really difficult to find a bad RMC to still be a bad ride compared to what else is out there. These simply are fantastic roller coasters with original layouts, and at a certain point you are splitting hairs on what are otherwise fantastic machines.

New Texas Giant and/or Iron Rattler pretty much fit the bill so far.. especially in comparison to their stunners.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Indeed, I've not ridden any sadly but just based off the layouts, POVs and opinions, it sounds like NTG and IRattler are indeed the "least good" of the RMCs, aaaaaaaand they are still top 10 coasters lol
Even if some feel they are overrated, no doubt a "less good" RMC is better than most, so far they've done no wrong!

Oh and I'm actually dying to ride this lol getting so close

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Never been anywhere near any of them, but I assumed NTG was the worst due it being a series of left over-banked turns. Don't know if this is the case...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I am the only person I know of who put Iron Rattler a step ahead of NTG. Only basis is I am an absolute fan of IR's unique layout revision and overall aesthetic. NTG is great and packs good airtime and turns, but the layout does drag a bit.

However that being said, they are both still in my Top 10. ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hyde said:
^ I am the only person I know of who put Iron Rattler a step ahead of NTG.
No, you're not. I am as well and I think Ian is also in agreement on this one bud. :wink:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ECG said:
Hyde said:
^ I am the only person I know of who put Iron Rattler a step ahead of NTG.
No, you're not. I am as well and I think Ian is also in agreement on this one bud. :wink:
Agreed. Iron Rattler was a grower. It took a couple of rides before I learnt to love it. NTG is the worse of the RMCs I've been on. Not only did I find it slightly dull, the restraints were digging into my thighs throughout the whole ride, which negated from the experience. It's Gertslauer trains, I don't like them.

Wicked Cyclone looks fab though. I'm looking forward to seeing the videos!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Gauging from how much his belly lifts I think it's gonna to be wicked :twisted:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeCGvEikKWk[/youtube]

davidm

Strata Poster
Jerry looking like he's having a nice day...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CoasterForce/status/601118099375583232[/tweet]

Intricks

Strata Poster
That airtime.

Oh my word. Imma need a minute.

Seriously though, this looks like so much win. Plus the station graphics on the inside! That looks hella cool.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Well, that looks sweet. I still think it looks fairly meandering towards the end of the layout, but at least it has some airtime while it meanders. Looking forward to riding this sometime this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk