What's new

Six Flags New England | Wicked Cyclone | RMC Iron Horse

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Chris Coasters said:
JJLehto said:
Chris Coasters said:
I talked to SFNE Online and they said Media Day is May 20th and it opens to the public May 22nd. I will be there to get my gold pass on April 19th so I will see what kind of pictures I can get. Can't wait to see it in person!

Whoa, is this definite!?
Huge news, I haven't been able to find anything about it. Now I know when to plan my trip for!

WC does look absolutely amazing. I am stoked.

I was told that by SFNE Online. I haven't seen a legitimate announcement but they told me as soon as they found out when they were at SFNE a couple weeks back.

I hear testing is due to begin tomorrow, so maybe that is indeed accurate!
It really will be difficult to wait, I'm super nervous to try opening day but I don't want to wait :lol:

EthC

Mega Poster
First test run offride video!!!!!!
:--D :--D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNDcNg6sTQk[/youtube]

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Looks really cool, but it just seems to lose all of its energy towards the end. I do still think it'll get faster, and I'm sure the second Zero-G will provide amazing hang time, but it just seems to slow down at the end(for now).

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
So stoked! An RMC just a couple of hours away, finally I can ride one of these monsters.

Yeah, I'm not an expert on this stuff, but others said it will indeed run faster with time, and with people. Actually they thought it had good speed for an empty train, early run on a cool day. So you're right, it'll surely be faster and we know videos are not necessarily an accurate gauge. Both POVs and offride of Skyrush seemed slow to me, then opening day I rode it and wasn't I surprised :lol:

Maverix

Mega Poster
I do believe I read that they added a 170 pound weight to each row of the train so it's not totally empty but that would probably be pretty close to a half full train, just with equally spaced out weight. This thing looks fantastic and like the best RMC yet.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Maverix said:
I do believe I read that they added a 170 pound weight to each row of the train so it's not totally empty but that would probably be pretty close to a half full train, just with equally spaced out weight. This thing looks fantastic and like the best RMC yet.

Aw good to know.
Yeah, I may cave and go opening day for this, my urges are gunna outweigh my sensibility I know it. Cant wait to do TC as well and see which of the two is better :--D

Casio

Mega Poster
This looks fantastic, it's almost like it disengages from the lift hill 10 feet or so before the back reaches the top. One question: is ALL the grey support structure new? Or is it just the old wood, painted? If that's all new, this is virtually a completely different coaster to the original. Nothing wrong with that though.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^ Most of it's painted. There were a few extra support beams added to make sure the ride was secure. Those were pre-painted grey. The rest will be the original structure painted.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
More test run video. It really is astounding how these RMC maintain their momentum throughout the run.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQFvvIDIJfs[/youtube]​

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Tension support.

Here is a photo of the support when it was still Cyclone.

Cyclone,_Six_Flags_New_England.jpg

You find them on other wooden coasters as well. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't find a need for the support with the new metal structure - could be easier to let it remain standing than spend additional money to tear down.

ei7jlq011g0048tpg2000i.jpg

8foi00048s800000g06600.jpg

steel

Mega Poster
You can tell RMC have improved since New Texas Giant.

I wonder how much prodding it would take to get them to come to Valleyfair and fix Excalibur. :p

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Honestly, not a fan. I was expecting it to be way more violent like Medusa and it seems to crawl around, especially around those last two turnarounds. I really hope I'm wrong but this seems to be the weakest of the RMC iron horses at the moment. Still looks great though.