What's new

Six Flags New England | Wicked Cyclone | RMC Iron Horse

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
The TPR POV and now this one have me beyond stoked. It's obviously not the fastest thing out there but seems to still throw you around even near the end and the airtime...I like the pacing and layout. This may be my finally new #1.
I know a few of us are going the 7th but I may go sooner on a weekday just to marathon this thing

steel

Mega Poster
I'm sitting in my car waiting for my yoga class to start and I just watched that video and GASPED when the first inversion happened and some people on the sidewalk looked at me lmao. This looks ffffffing unbelievable!!

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Okay this thing is amazing. Packs airtime into every corner, smooth as butter, and some solid inversions. I got 5 rides in today and its Instant top 5. Not just for me either a couple others put it in there top coasters today. I can't wait to go back and ride this thing in June. The back IMO was better than the front much more insane airtime. Alan said as time goes on it will gradually get faster once the summer time is in full effect and some of the paint comes off. For Six Flags it also has decent theming to it.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

They got a car and a boat also. I didn't get one of the boat. They have TV's around the area talking about a dangerous Wicked Cyclone with characters such as Alan Cobb and William Schilke. Paying tribute to the original Cyclone builder William Cobb and of course Alan Schilke.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Chris Coasters said:
Okay this thing is amazing. Packs airtime into every corner, smooth as butter, and some solid inversions. I got 5 rides in today and its Instant top 5. Not just for me either a couple others put it in there top coasters today. I can't wait to go back and ride this thing in June. The back IMO was better than the front much more insane airtime. It does slow down a tad towards the end but I didn't really notice it when I was on the ride. I noticed it more from watching it off ride. Alan said as time goes on it will gradually get faster once the summer time is in full effect and some of the paint comes off. For Six Flags it also has decent theming to it.

Yup, every review I've heard has been fantastic. Utter brilliance. Beyond excited to just marathon this as many times as I can. When is official opening?

tribar

Mega Poster
The flow of the station looks terrible. When will parks figure out you can't have people enter from the sides.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Pink Panther said:
Gauging from how much his belly lifts I think it's gonna to be wicked :twisted:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeCGvEikKWk[/youtube]

Oh my gosh - New pants needed please!!

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I've watched some videos and it looks really fab! I find that offrides or rider cams do much more justice to RMCs than POVs. I do like the look of Twisted Colossus more as it seems more imaginative and unique.

Chris Coasters said:
For Six Flags it also has decent theming to it.

It has theming though? I've not seen any theming whatsoever except for an entrance sign, the front of the trains and one random plane.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
ThomVD said:
Chris Coasters said:
For Six Flags it also has decent theming to it.

It has theming though? I've not seen any theming whatsoever except for an entrance sign, the front of the trains and one random plane.

For Six Flags...this impressive :lol:

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
They have like tv monitors with fake news footage about a Wicked Cyclone they have destroyed boats,planes, and cars. The supports if you look up they say search and rescue on that is enough for six flags. They hardly have any theming so this was quite a bit compared to everything else.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Just saw the rider cam video with ECG and Alan. I'm not sure I've seen ECG laugh quite that much or look so animated on a ride yet! Also those rider vids really show off what the forces look like, and this is a true beast!

Hutch

Strata Poster
^Do you know if there is/will be a single rider line? I'm thinking of squeezing this into my June trip to whore this but it might have to be on a Saturday and I'd like to get as much rides in as I can. :)

I agree to those who have said about rider cams on RMCs, they make them look so much more wild! Seeing ECG's reaction on the ride is amazing.