What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

A

Anonymous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZh52ir1fg[/youtube]

new teaser, a bit late :?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
There are 2 people having a quicky in the bushes by Rumba. With a someone watching.

Theres someone pulling a moony in Stealth's plaza.

That bible bloke who cursed Stealth is under the tophat.

Someone puking at the top of Stealth is like, symbolizing a penis cumming.

Someones pissing on Saws plaza.

There are drunks by the glasshouse.

A character from...futurama I think? (something like that) by Inferno.

Saw actually looks like a penis I you look hard enough.

The rest just look like people I'd expect at the park.

So after I nearly nearly smashed my head into the screen I noticed the only redeaming feature, which is that KFC is still present ;)

I hate the way they target their audience in such a blatent and in your face kinda way... it looks a tad retarded after a while.

EDIT: ^I must say, that video was great. Shat me up at the end! :D

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
A-Kid said:
Someones pissing on Saws plaza.

Perhaps he was entering the competition to get his piss featured in the maze!

I hadn't noticed all those things though, I like the map more now :p. Not sure it's gunna appeal so much to families and the like.

nadroJ

CF Legend
**** me I just shat my pants at that teaser video, and I knew something was going to happen too. Blergh.

Ollie

CF Legend
Now that was a much better viral video. The ending almost made me jump as the video was quiet but I didn't put my volume up just in case. :lol:
Still cant wait to give this a go. :)

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Keen not to be caught unaware, I skipped to the end of the video first, thus ensuring I would not be caught by it.

It didn't work.

I still shat myself.. haha, great video though

yinyang

Mega Poster
made me jump, you have to let yourself go and not try to not get caught out, the rush and fun in a scare is not knowing where its coming from, its scary but afterwards is a rewarding rush.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Still cant wait to give this a go

Yeah I'll look forward to it, but even if it is really good, will I want to go on it again? Probably not.

Not only will this have high running costs, its not very re-ride-able, and the Saw popularity may die down at any time. Bit of a risk from Thorpe, but it keeps other queue's down, I'm happy.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The Sun really did their research didn't they?

Firstly, Thorpe's demographic is teenagers. Proved by having many "big" rides with the maxiumum height limit, next-to-nothing for young kids and having warning signs outside the ride.

Besides, I very much doubt that any parent taking their young child to Thorpe Park would let them ride it anyway!

Still, good publicity for Thorpe.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Seems that the Pendulum Trap from SAW V will be in the maze. There is a pendulum coming out of the roof on the 2010 map. Oh and I just noticed that the guy in one of the pictures cutting off his foot, is on the wrong side of the room.

Ben

CF Legend
It actually looks *really* good... which is annoying, cause that means Ollie was right (for once :p)

Ollie

CF Legend
^Haha. :p
What people have to realise going through this is it isn't meant to be physically scary. Saw is all about the gore,traps and sets. Although this does have some jump out scares it's meant to be more about going through the scenes from the films.
I still reckon it'll be good fun. :)

Nicky

Hyper Poster
It is really hard to prove exactly that seeing violence makes you more violent. You can't exactly test whether they are violent just because of who they are or whether it was actually because of something they have seen.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:
It actually looks *really* good... which is annoying, cause that means Ollie was right (for once :p)

What is happening this year, Taylor's making sense sometimes, and Ollie was right about something at Thorpe...

Rate this is going the world will end LONG before 2012 :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
^They will be. :)
Benin said:
and Ollie was right about something at Thorpe...
When have I ever been wrong about something at Thorpe Park? Apart from Liking Saw more than most other members here?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
My God I love that video! Was a right sucker and turn it up because it was quiet, bloody brilliant.

I'm really plesantly suprised with this. After going through Saw: Game Over at USH I really didn't think Thorpe would be able to make this look good after how well Universal obviously did the maze, but it is looking very similar. Maybe a bit too similar. That stiched up geezer wasn't on it though, and neither was that Saw V scene so it would be pretty awesome if they include that.

I just hope that they add their own twist, but, even if it's very similar to Universal's, it's pretty awesome to have a permanent horror maze like that in the UK. If you're creating a horror maze on a series of films it's going to be pretty hard to not include the same scenes, but a nice unique overall storyline would be cool.