Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

Nic

Strata Poster
Sorry for spamming, but...

unclesam.png

nadroJ

CF Legend
Ollie said:
When have I ever been wrong about something at Thorpe Park? Apart from Liking Saw more than most other members here?
Ollie, get a sense of humour. It's called banter, it means people like you enough to take the piss, you know the old British thing of humiliating people to show you like them? Yeah, it's that. Ease up a bit yer?

On an on topic note, can't wait to see this bad boy next Friday, I'm really looking forward to it, mainly because I didn't give myself high hoped for it when it was first announced =]

Ollie

CF Legend
^I know it was said in a light hearted way but there was nothing to refer it back to. :p
It's like making a fat joke about someone who isn't fat. It needs to be based on something to make it funny which is why I said the only thing about Thorpe people pick me up on is liking Saw more than most members on here. :p

But yeah I'm really looking forward to this. Like others I wasn't too sure about it at all until they released the first image from inside and now I'm just really excited about it. Just that each scene won't be a surprise as I know all the scenes/traps in it now. Still, it'll be awesome to actually walk though the sets/scenes from the films after seeing them in the Saw movies. :)

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Hate to admit it,but it does look pretty good.

That video definately made me jump,not happy about that.

Really please that some effort has been made with the themeing,it's about time that the U.K has seen a heavily themed attraction like this.

I still stick with my guns by saying it's a one hit wonder though,I'll give it a go,but it's still not on my high prioty "must do list".

Ollie

CF Legend
Good luck getting through the maze 'without' getting electrocuted. Thorpe have been sly. :p
There is a way but if you don't know where it is then you won't realise until it's too late. :lol:

It's probably only going to be a diddy shock anyway as I'm sure there's laws about it and strict H&S rules.

I don't even know why they call them a maze anyway. It's just a set route. I remember the years when the Freezer was a proper maze with dead ends and stuff. But throughput for that was terrible.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
Good luck getting through the maze 'without' getting electrocuted. Thorpe have been sly. :p
There is a way but if you don't know where it is then you won't realise until it's too late. :lol:

It's probably only going to be a diddy shock anyway as I'm sure there's laws about it and strict H&S rules.

**** H&S,make it interesting,frazzle people to a crisp. :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
Or have someone with a control box and if they see some chavs who are being idiots then they can up the voltage. :p

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Ollie said:

I don't even know why they call them a maze anyway. It's just a set route. I remember the years when the Freezer was a proper maze with dead ends and stuff. But throughput for that was terrible.

Apparently, however I may be wrong, the electrocution corridor has been removed for due to H&S, but the scene is still there, and there are a couple of scares in the corridor (Someone told me who went yesterday)

Ollie

CF Legend
Can't see why they would. If they were going to do that then it would of been removed long ago and wouldn't of been there for the celeb evening with actual guests going through. Maybe he/she just touched the electric bit with clothing or something so didn't feel it.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Oh well, Ollie is completely wrong about this being good... again :p

Saw Alive is a pile of SH|T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all,

Signed
Erol Huseyin

Ollie

CF Legend
^I never said it was good. I said it 'looked' good as a personal opinion. The thing with scare attractions though is that they change all the time.
It can be good or bad depending on things like:
-Time of day
-Actors on shift
-How busy it is
-Who's in your group
-Effects working/not working
-Energy Levels

Plus on top of that people are scared of different things. What may terrify one person may not affect the next in the slightest.
That's why scare attractions are much harder to run and create than people think. It's not just simply jumping out and going "boo".
That said though Thorpe have gone into a heck of alot of effort themeing this so it looks amazing. The costumes and effects look pretty cool as well. Plus on top of that Saw isn't meant to be scary. It's a crime thriller series with plenty of gore to try and freak people out.

It's a shame you didn't like it Erol and you'll probably find some people agree with you, but at the same time there will be plenty of people who will love it and think it's a great addition to the park.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Nonoo...

The place had A LOT of actors in there, all the effects were running and it was mid-day when everyone is on a high... Its just a totally dull attraction.. There was NO jump-and-run elements, it didn't even feel scary and mostly smelt of paint instead of these "horrific smells" they promised us. just a straight forward museum type thing...

Saw: The Museum

Ollie

CF Legend
^You can do but it's a very clichéd element. Although it provides quite a good scare it shouldn't be relied on. And if the actor isn't scare trained properly then it'll just become a lost scare anyway.
Anyway regardless of people are saying I'm still looking forward to this as I'm not expecting anything really scary at all. I'm just excited to actually walk through the scenes. :)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Oh...

Some of the scenes, including the carousel has queue-line fencing around the main elements, as in the huge floor-to-ceiling ones they use in the Saw queue so you actually have to look twice to see what you're looking at.

The whole thing is just poor and I for one am actually gutted about this. I had high hopes after seeing pictures of it, but the rooms are tiny and they don't even use the upper deck. The attraction is less than 3 minutes long in total, including pre-show.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
I will say now, that SAW: Alive is amazing :) Yes, it may not be 'jumpy' or run out screaming scary, but the atmosphere in all of the scenes is just brilliant. All of the rooms, (With the exception of the electric corridor, which I can confirm doesn't electricute, I guess its been turned off) are oozing with SAWness. The actors in each trap really got into their roles and played them exceptionally well (Apart from the pig, who was kinda pathetic, but thats because she was just a little woman in a mask, not really intimidating). I'll admit, the first time I left it, I was sort of dissapointed, but after returning to it and thinking about it, it is actually really good, maybe not for scaring but for the effort and the atmosphere each room creates, I love it :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
What do I think of Alive?

I did it twise.

The theming was VERY good on the inside. Its got that very clever lighting that the films and the sets are highly detailed. Some effects are really cool. Thats probally the good points. A bit crap on the outside though.

For a maze? It wasn't scary in any way. A bit jumpy sometimes. It was too short. I could go through without even noticing a particular scene if I really wanted.

How long would I wait to go on it? Not very long. 20 - 30 mins max. Its just not worth any more for a 3/4 min walk.

I had to go around twise because it had a technical problem half way through our first run. All the lights came on and a load of announcements.