What's new

Saw Alive: Thorpe Park Horror Maze for 2010

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^I would hope most of the rides would be ready considering it does open next week and has the AP day this weekend...

Considering they learnt that Feburary was a bad idea as well...

Martyn B

CF Legend
there were some scenes of nudity

Also the actors are mainly young females

:D

Childish, I know!

So in all they actually gave it thumbs up. Does Sound interesting, however its not exactly a 'more than once' acttraction. But I suppose it'll help keep the queues down.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I think I know now which trap from the third film is in there. Still can't wait to try it although I'm not expecting to get very scared. (and Erol it's not pictures :))
At least we know now that the ORP is just posing with the Jigsaw puppet at the start. :lol:

Novas

Mega Poster
I'm to cheap to buy the rag, but in the Sun paper today there was a fairly large half page article about some controversy the ride is causing from parents, hippies etc (assume it's just usual PR spin,) but the general jist of it was that this is going to be really, really nasty ride, and various groups would like to see it with an 18+ restriction/warning as per the films as opposed the intended 12+ warning.

Has some very nice pics aswel if anyone can get hold of a scan.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Suprised the 'uproar' was in the Sun and not the Daily Mail... :roll:

Would laugh if the Sun article mentioned the fact that it (the attraction) has boobs as well...

More publicity for the park anyways, cos a good old fashioned controversy always strikes a chord with the British... <3

EDIT: Map is online... And... Well... Just look for yourselves...

http://www.thorpepark.com/downloads/pla ... 10-map.pdf

Pierre

Strata Poster
As an actual map, its rubbish.

Love the design though, think it looks brilliant, just wouldn't like to refer to it if I was lost :D

bob_3_

Giga Poster
HAha yeah it's an awful map, but it's actually pretty funny! Anyway, Thorpe doesn't need a map. it's so small and flat you can see all the rides anyway. I love all the faces on it, hahaha.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
oh and about The Sun article apprently wantin git to be an 18+, HAHA what GREAT publicity, if i saw that and I was young I'd do anything to get on it! I think maybe Merlin and The Sun have a little bond with marketing.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
wow that map is as horrible as the new website.
looks good on the whole though, just useless as it's main use.

Suppose I'll have to go check out the maze aswell, what with there being nudity and stuff :p