What's new

Charybdis & Scylla (Download- Page7)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Well this took me effing ages to get right. It's still not perfect, but let me know what you think.

It's mainly for the off-ride visual effect (it DOES look great) but when you're riding on the wingover further back, it sure look's strange.

2uh8rgn.jpg

2el5o4j.jpg

Obviously, there's A LOT of polishing and neatening to be done, along with smoothing and tightening of some of the elements. Then deal with the tunnel testing and finally the (nightmare) supports. So...long way to go..watch this space.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wow, you have patience.

That really does look amazing. Each layout looks very interesting aswell. Can't wait to see more.

Are you going to add 3Ds, or just terraform and foliage?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
6i9yyw.jpg

This is the double helix on Charybdis, or the "whirlpool" part of the ride. =)

I've just had to widen it and smooth it (and make it pass tunnel testing) and it's great now, but it's put other elements out of sync, time for some tweaking.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Nice...I like how much? lol
One tad thing though the predrop on the blue one has a green track section.....TUT TUT! Hasn't Andre taught you anything heh.x

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wow. I love the way the drop goes through the helix, that's gonna be a nice foot chopper.

Good luck with supporting however!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
One tad thing though the pre-drop on the blue one has a green track section.....TUT TUT! Hasn't Andre taught you anything heh.x

lol, I was just testing colours. There's loads of colour irregularities on the ride because I'm copying ans pasting parts and changing track types all over the shop, but it's all easily changed. I'm just focusing on the track work atm, smoothing the first half and perfecting the timing. It does involve trims (sorry guys) but you berly notice them at all, honest. The fractional change in speed makes a big difference. It's all surprisingly sensitive.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
bob_3_ said:
It does involve trims (sorry guys) but you berly notice them at all, honest. The fractional change in speed makes a big difference. It's all surprisingly sensitive.

Meh, we can deal with that for synced(sp?) duellers!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^The blue one.

You see the green track hitting the blue station after a long straight piece, quick-connected for allowing multiple trains, for better testing.

And it looks like badly coloured spaghetti. Just twists and loops and turns and whatnot. Ace, in other words (I love spaghetti!).

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I guess it's a bit depending on angle too. Frog perspective, showing the entire layout in one pic... that's gotta look crowded, no matter what coaster.

This one should be a beast to support too. But if you pull it off well (like we all expect you to), it will look absolutely stunning.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I't sgonna be horrible to support lol, I'm dreading. Luckily I have help.

But yeah, LAYOUT IS FINISHED GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm well happy =) Check it out finally in all it's glory. Can't believe I started this in August.

24297o2.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Nice job, but the blue side looks a lot more realistic than the green one, but was that the original goal?

Your drop looks distorted on the green one, but it's probably the angle.