bob_3_

Giga Poster
By the way, how tall are these?

Around 165ft.

EDIT. Logo

2vblxxf.jpg

A

Anonymous

Really nice colour combo, I love the white supports on the lift.

Ollie

CF Legend
Looking great. Can't wait to download and ride it once it's done. Good choice of colours as well. :)

Slash

Giga Poster
I thought the green was nicer but never mind.

Great coaster, supporting is great. I'm amazed that this was done by a human.

A

Anonymous

Looks really nice, but I think you have to beef up some of the supports, since they look a bit weak.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ They looks teeny in that photo (when the cameras far away it tends to make the supports much smaller than they should be, think it's got summin to do with my graphics settings.), but they're sufficiently beefy in the sim I think. I did use bigger supports before but it looked way too chunky for a B&M.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Usually, a lot of B&M's inverts use the NL equivalent of the large tube- AS I have observed. Some of the smaller B&M's use medium sized tubes-ish on the lifthills (even though they're square).

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ I've used Phaethon as a support guide on this.

p20600.jpg

You can see in the left bottom corner the supports are thin. The ones I used in NL are about the same thickness, for the overbank part (after the first turn on WHITE). But all the overhead supports are large. I hope NL2 has a manual support thickness adjuster, so you can get the inbetween thicknesses.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
t023x1.jpg

Background

Scylla and Charybdis are two sea monsters of Greek mythology who were situated on opposite sides of the Strait of Messina between Sicily and Calabria, in Italy.The two sides of the strait are within an arrow's range of each other, so close that sailors attempting to avoid Charybdis will pass too close to Scylla and vice versa.

Scylla is the white coaster, a grotesque sea monster, with six long necks equipped with grisly heads, each of which contained three rows of sharp teeth. Her body consisted of twelve canine legs and a cat's tail. She smashed up boats that strayed too close to the rocks and ate the sailors.

Charybdis is the blue coaster. A giant whirlpool of helixes, that swallows all around it.

You must fight one, the choice is yours.

Elements

Charybdis:
- Vertical Loop
- Immelman
- Double helix (The Whirlpool)
- Airtime hill interaction
- Leading wingover
- Finale helix

Scylla
- Pre-drop helix
- Vertical loop
- High speed turn
- Overbank interaction
- Immelman
- Zero-g Roll
- Low lying helix
- Following wingover
- Figure 8 finale

PLEASE NOTE:
The ride may not always be completely in sync ALL the time, esspecially if your frame rate is low. I've found it rides perfectly every few rides, so if it does seem off and it bothers you, reset.

This ride is mostly hand built.

Get the cartextures HERE. Ensure they are in the correct folder before riding.

Big thanks to Andre, Nathan and Loefet for ideas and feed back.

Enjoy and Rate (whats your favourite monster?)

-----DOWNLOAD-----

2v9yrtz.jpg

iz6u6b.jpg

2sbr034.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Umm... wow! I have to admit, that was by far one of the best coasters I've ever ridden in NL.

Good Points
-Most importantly, interactions. The two coasters interacted amazingly, and they both seemed to flow well together. It didn't feel as if they were forced to interact, instead they felt like they just happened to, if you know what I mean.
-Most of the trackwork was very smooth. Scylla was not quite as smooth, nothing I can really complain about I don't think, but compared to Charybdis is just wasn't quite as good.
-The supports were fantastic.
-Pacing was good.

Bad Points
-It had an end!

Overall this really was a stunning coaster. It's been almost a year in the making, and I'm not joking or sucking up when I say that it is obvious that a lot of time has been put into this. It just felt right, if you know what mean. I'm not really sure what else to say. I feel like I should be writing a huge post highlighting everything, but to be honest, I don't see the point. The whole thing was stunning and without a doubt one of the best rides I've seen for NL.

All we've got to do is hope Dubai gets one of these!

10/10

Question is now, what's next? You've got a lot to live up to.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I totally agree with Hixee, it was an absolutely fantastic coaster(s). Everything about it was just brilliant, mostly smooth, there were a couple of bumps but it didn't detract from the whole thing, great supports, awesome terraforming, good interaction, everything was just brilliant. It was definitely worth all the time and work that has been put into it, which I can see has been. Definitely one of the best coasters I have ever seen on NL that hasn't needed all 3Ds and custom scenery to make it stand out. Absolutely awesome. 10/10 Well done!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Absolutely phenomenal. I think I crapped and jizzed, one for each ride. I would ride this over Dueling Dragons. Both tracks were glass smooth, you had great pacing in each, and I counted seven or eight interactions during the whole layout. This layout was so well designed and it came out perfect. I wish it was real.

10/10

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The blue one had too high forces in the helixes and I think the white one did also.

Ignoring that small problem, this is the best NL ride I have ever seen. Worth every moment of the year we have waited, you have certainly earned your 72 virgins. 11/10 (yes, that is possible...ok 1+1/10 then maths people...)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I rode it yesturday, awesome. The most realistic Beemer I've seen done on here. The transitions really felt real.

10/10.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Awesome ride, loved the pacing of it, constant directional changes and strong forces.
The element interaction really took it one step further than DD...the loop interaction would be insane in real life, and the zero g roll interaction worked better than the one on DD because it was on more of an angle, so it lasted a little bit longer.

Charybdis was probably my favourite...A really unique layout, and I loved that back to back U turn section near the end.

The only points for improvement (And it sounds so lame of me to pick when everything else is so perfect) but half of the support at the top of the zero-g-roll was missing (It appears it was intended to be an A frame, but one half isn't there)
I also reckon it would have been cool if the inversion count had been evened up....Maybe Charybdis could have done a wing over sort of thing right at the end (similar in shaping to that odd one on Raptor) as it passes over the brake run of Scylla.

10/10