What's new

Charybdis & Scylla (Download- Page7)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Just drafting idea's at the moment. I want to build a large scale B&M invert.

I've spent a long time on the drop and loop, and just finished a dive loop (worlds first). I never understood why B&M don't do these on inverts, but it fits and works well, so i don't think it's unrealistic.

The part after the loop is inspired by the small section of track after Pyrenees second loop.

firstplansc0.jpg

Layout so far.

There's nothing to write home about just yet, but watch this space.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be honest, there's not much to comment on really.

I think the idea of a large scale invert is good, and the current elements seem to work fine. I'm interested to see how you finish the layout, as these large scale inverts often have interesting endings. We'll have to see how inventive you can be.

As for the Dive Loop, I think it's fine. I think it would be a great element on an invert and with some good theming could provide an incredible experience.

Are you going to be putting any theming on this ride, or will you just leave it "natural"?

Oh, and for some reason I think Chaybdis sounds like an STI. :lol:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
haha ^ =/ hmmmmmmmm

It's a greek monster, that takes the form of a whirlpool, that eats things. And it's in a kinda tag team with some dude called Scylla... just to give an idea of what I have planned.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh... duelling coasters maybe... interesting.

I did search Google just to check it wasn't an STI, so I know it's the daughter of the Poseidon and Gaia.

Still, sounds like a good concept.

:lol:

girrocks123

Roller Poster
I love the colors! Its not gonna be a real dieler...jsut 2 trains running at the same time. If it were a dueler, the track would be the exact same on both sides.

A

Anonymous

Have you ditched the 1:st draft now when you have changed the coaster to a dueler??

Looks real good though.

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
girrocks123 said:
I love the colors! Its not gonna be a real dieler...jsut 2 trains running at the same time. If it were a dueler, the track would be the exact same on both sides.

The tracks don't need to be exactly the same to be a dueler, they just need to duel... :p

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Looks very interesting.

I've always wanted to do Inverted dueller On No Limits but don't have the patience to get the endings at the same time.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
timings still off, tracks not smooth...this is a nightmare.

5d64d3218d.jpg

But hey, I like a challenge.
(they will eventually be different colours btw)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Timings don't have to be perfect. It's a dueler. Train weight can really affect timings in miliseconds.

girrocks123

Roller Poster
I got a good idea for you! Just incase you decide to restart the track, make like a family version with no inversions, and a thriller side with all the loops a usual inverted coaster does!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Well, part of the issue is pretty visible, even without seeing it run...you've got one side dropping into a helix and having to complete two elements (the helix and immelman) before interacting with the first element of the other track (the loop), which the second track takes immediately following a straightforward drop.

Perhaps find a way to save the loop for a second element...? Maybe a DD:Ice-style fan turn would make the timing a bit better...?

Thanks UC, appriciated. I'm thinking of scrapping the pre-drop helix. Even though it provides some awesome force and air-time down the straight bit. It just messes with timing too much. As i said I'm still JUST drafting ideas, and trying things out, nothing you see is definate, I'm far from getting a good layout.

As for the zero-g it was never intended to interact with the loop, which I'm begining to see as a mistake as the first interaction comes too late I feel. So Scylla will be getting a face lift (I didn't have the heart to just scrap it last night, after so much time I spent on it, but it's probably the best idea).

My thinking behind this coaster is; "ok I can build most elements on an invert now well, why not take it to the next level". I don't want this coaster to feel like anything I've done before, and you rarely ever see duelers... I can kinda understand why now though.

But yeah any ideas welcome, apart form yours girrocks123, that's a pants idea.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Lol....

Well, I think you should just build the same layout, using the same elements, just placed in different sections. OR, build similar layouts that use the same elements, and the trains execute them at the same time.

A

Anonymous

Nooo, I love the little mid-drop helix.
Why not change direction of the other side, so that the loops are placed somewhat like the ones on DD (in series), but so that the dueling is that the side with the helix goes up the loop and the other side goes down?

looping.jpg

Like this. (paint makes things a lot easier...)

I hope that you have some good power in that "Pyrenees"-turn.