What's new

What Is The Most Overrated Roller Coaster?

^ Ride TTD a consecutive amount of times and the novelty wears off, which is why I prefer MF over TTD as after 100 rides, MF is still a great ride.

^ I've been on Dragster enough times where it shouldn't even scare me anymore.. But it does, which is why I still like it. But, why would I purposely ride it enough so that it makes me not like it anymore?

Silly :p

From my experience, Raptor was probably one of the biggest letdowns.
I mean it's fun, but it doesn't really bring much to the table in comparison to other inverts. Smaller ones like B:TR are more forceful, while bigger ones like Alpengeist are faster, so Raptor is kind of an awkward medium that tries, but doesn't really achieve the best of both worlds.

^Why? Why would you want to ride a ride in a way you have been warned against? To deliberately dislike it?

Pointless? Yes.

I think RIta is completely over rated, and in response to what someone said earlier, I think Air is actually under rated.

Ben said:
^Why? Why would you want to ride a ride in a way you have been warned against? To deliberately dislike it?

Pointless? Yes.

Hardly. When someone says a ride isn't rough, and will blow a monkey to prove her side, it will prove she is wrong.

Could it change her position? Maybe. Pointless? No.

I've never complained about a coaster being rough...except that piece of **** Manhattan Express.

Tatsu is over-rated.

lol said:
I haven't been on it but El Toro

I thought the same thing.. Until I rode it.

Not to sound like the typical fanboy, but Intamin really figured out the woodie. I know it's a matter of opinion, but to me, El Toro is the gold standard for wood.

Even if I got some more rides on EGF, I still think that it's highly overrated, no airtime at all over the bunny hops. The trims really kills that ride. I'm almost ready to say that I'm starting to like Thunder Dolphin more then EGF...

And don't get me started on Silver Star...

What did you think of Silver Star?

I sort of agree with you about EGF, loved the drop and the first few hill but the ride for me dies due to over trimming. By all accounts it used to be better.

^ On Silver Star, let's just say that I have ridden Togo/Vekomas/Arrows (or other companies) coasters that are miles better then that piece of crap...

Right when i was heading to Busch Gardens Europe, the big word was the Loch Ness Monster and its interlocking loops. I heard of many reviews as 10. I went on it. The loops were so rough and the rest of the ride was rough. It really wasnt worth the wait. It wasnt even worth looking at it!

pencilboy2 said:
Right when i was heading to Busch Gardens Europe, the big word was the Loch Ness Monster and its interlocking loops. I heard of many reviews as 10. I went on it. The loops were so rough and the rest of the ride was rough. It really wasnt worth the wait. It wasnt even worth looking at it!

... what coaster sites do you READ that say LNM is the best ride there...? :?

I kept hearing it from critics online. Im not joking! I was wondering what they were drinking when they got on this ride!

You know pretty much any ride that is like stealth, kingda ka, and top thrill dragster all let me down. They are too fast and never worth the wait

I mean the coasters where you go up and then down and the rides over