What's new

What Is The Most Overrated Roller Coaster?

marc

CF Legend
Not every Disney coaster is a let down, California Screamin' is rated quiet high by just about everyone I know that has been on it.

marc

CF Legend
Right I will be the 1st person to say this lol.

Saw The Ride.

Bland, boring, forceless with cheap theming that a small park can do better.

It got hyped up and was such a let down both the theming and the coaster, the worst Eurofighter I have been on and thats saying something.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
I think the most over rated coaster for me would have to be TTD or Kingda Ka. Everybody raves about them. Kinda was strangely forceless in my opinion. The tophat was good but the launch was a bit mediocre and the airtime hill was just dull. I think in this country the most overated coaster would either be Nemmie or PMBO but thats only because they are the two coasters that everybody knows.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
southend_marc said:
Right I will be the 1st person to say this lol.

Saw The Ride.

Bland, boring, forceless with cheap theming that a small park can do better.

It got hyped up and was such a let down both the theming and the coaster, the worst Eurofighter I have been on and thats saying something.

ciallkennett a few posts earlier said:
Saw was defiantly over-rated, by the advertising as it being billed as 'the scariest ride ever'.

All the non-enthusiasts I know say it was scary as...

What a load of ****!

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
elmerfudd said:
*Rock n Rollercoaster at Hollywood studios - Wayy too short, only played 1 song during the ride unlike the paris 1 where it plays several, and i just generally found the Paris one much better.

You need to ride it more than once, the audio is different on every train

A

Anonymous

Silver Star at Europa Park. no question. That was without a doubt the biggest let down of a coatsrer I've been on. The first drop was ok and that was it, the brakes just spoiled it completely for me. :evil:

Ollie

CF Legend
^Hehe. Join the club we have jackets. :)

Disclaimer: We don't really have jackets but Silver Star is crap!

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
^Hehe. Join the club we have jackets. :)

Disclaimer: We don't really have jackets but Silver Star is crap!

Ooh, really? I'd have to buy 10 though as my friends agree when we all went a few years ago. :evil: Not impressed in the slightest, I was more interested in the F1 stuff tbh. But I'm loopy about the sport so...

A

Anonymous

Richie said:
I think Nemesis.

HOLY SH*T! That is blasphemy in the coaster community!

For me:
Kingda Ka

They're fun dont get me wrong, and if it looks like a short line (rare moment) Ill hop on. But its just so short, one trick pony.

I dont know how anyone could like TTD better than Milennium or Kingda Ka better than Nitro. Longer coaster anyday!

I only pick Kingda Ka as the MOST over rated because at least TTD has lap bars. KK is painful.

Another one for the list was Fahrenheit, from Hershey. Seemed slow, forceless, and just bland. I left with no feeling of excitement.

I dont know how anyone could like TTD better than Milennium or Kingda Ka better than Nitro. Longer coaster anyday!

I only pick Kingda Ka as the MOST over rated because at least TTD has lap bars. KK is painful.

TTD is definitely better than Millennium Force. Millie has a better drop for sure, but Dragster is just so much more exciting with the launch and everything, as is Ka, which is why I rate them both in my top five coasters, only just behind Toro and Maverick.

KK is not painful. Pain is Wild Beast.