What's new

What Is The Most Overrated Roller Coaster?

Error

Strata Poster
^Here's their thoughts in a nut shell:

THE CEDAR FAIR WOODEN COASTER EXPERIENCE

Take 4 people, standing on all sides of you, each with a giant stick. As they beat you senseless, imagine how it could be better.

Thus, we have an idea for how it should be. Disregard any and all complaints or dropping numbers: people love getting hurt.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster
1) The Raven- Just a case of anticipointment I guess. This ride did nothing for me, nor did I find any of the famous airtime I'd heard so much about. Great location, lackluster ride.

2) Millennium Force- Much ado about, well...very little.

3) Shivering Timbers- See #1

4) Deja Vu- I know this ride has it's fans, but I found it rough and boring.

5) Expedition G-force- I almost didn't include this one because overall, it's a solid ride with incredible airtime and the best terrain. But I found myself still asking, "this is what people are going so crazy over"? Superman is MUCH better.

A

Anonymous

I've got to say the Space Invader, followed by Rita, Air and the Avalanche.

For some unknown reason, people wait for stupid period of time for the Space Invader, which is a kids coaster in the dark. Well, they wont be anymore since its SBNO, but still!

Rita and Air are both over-rated IMO, followed by the publics belief the Avalanche is some great thrill ride?!?!

Ash

Snoo

The Legend
UC said:
^I agree with 1 and 2, for sure. Raven, I actually felt the airtime...but the ride was too damn short. It seemed that as soon as it started, it was over.

Ride it 21 times in a row, then you'll be ok. :p

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
well a few months ago I thought the most over rated coaster was Turtle Twist (because It was number one on this site for whatever reason), but now I think Oblivion, yes it was a world first, but it has lost its luster to me after riding Griffon

Slash

Giga Poster
^ the number one position is random, just to let you know.

Oblivion is better than SheiKra IMO, (I'm comparing it to SheiKra because I haven't been on Griffon) this is because it does what was meant to, it goes down and doesn't detract from that. The themeing on it is outstanding and the perfect themeing for that coaster type.

A

Anonymous

I Though Dragon Khan looked alot better than it actually was.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Colossus is fine as it is.
Rita needs lowering.
G Force is slightly under-rated in my personal opinion :?
Stampida is god-awfully over-rated :shock:
Nemesis is fine too. Very unique for its kind :p

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I'd say Rita... Kinda disappointing in my opinion, the way that people were going on about it, made me expect a lot more from it. :roll:

Ali

Mega Poster
Rita. Having qued for 1 hour 30 minutes for it I was very dissapointed and pissed off.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
*Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom - tbh the queue lets it down, as its usually so big you think its going to be worth it when it really isnt.
*Space Invader at BPB - pure ****.
*Rock n Rollercoaster at Hollywood studios - Wayy too short, only played 1 song during the ride unlike the paris 1 where it plays several, and i just generally found the Paris one much better.

Maverix

Mega Poster
Xcelerator at Knotts Berry Farm. It has the longest queue time of any ride in the park and the only really good thing about it is the launch, but the rest of the ride is pretty force-less.

premal944

Roller Poster
I don't think nemesis is over-rated but rita definately is.

I also think that TTD and Behemoth are over-rated.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Saw was defiantly over-rated, by the advertising as it being billed as 'the scariest ride ever'.

All the non-enthusiasts I know say it was scary as...

What a load of ****!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I can now safely say Space Mountain: Mission 2.

With very few exceptions, I've heard nothing but glowing praise for that piece of absolute crap.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
elmerfudd said:
*Rock n Rollercoaster at Hollywood studios - Wayy too short, only played 1 song during the ride unlike the paris 1 where it plays several, and i just generally found the Paris one much better.

I noticed this, too. When I was at Paris, I asked about the soundtracks, and was told that each of the trains runs a different song. One of the trains uses the medley/mix that is used on all of the trains at H-wood Studios.

In any event, any coaster at a Disney park is going to be something of a letdown to coaster enthusiasts, unless they are also a Disney enthusiast, too.