What's new

What Is The Most Overrated Roller Coaster?

tks

Strata Poster
Expedition GeForce. I was bored after the first hill. What airtime? Oh and the corners where you literally HANG to the side it goes that slow.

Dragon Khan. Felt like Collosus, inversion, inversion, inversion, just a bit smoother.

yinyang

Mega Poster
For me, the most overated rollercoaster has to be, and I may get bad comment for this, furius baco. A lot of people think its great but I don't think it is, theming is unique but the ride itself is not.

HitnRun

Roller Poster
Fahrenheit at Hershey is overrated to me. It's a fun little ride, but there's no wow factor in it. As short as Storm Runner is (52 s compared to ~1:30 for Fahrenheit), I'd rather reride SR again and again.

Novas

Mega Poster
Overated rides?

I'll stick my neck out and say anything made of wood. :p Don't know why, but I'm yet to ride a woody that really impressed me.

^ Then you've not been on a good one. I didn't like wooden coasters much until I actually got out and rode some of the best ones out there. You can't beat a good woodie ;) .

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
I thought i305 wasn't as good as everyone says, but I cannot pinpoint a reason.
I do probably need to ride it again as it was a rainy day at Kings Dominion and it was hard to get on the rides as they kept closing them for the lightning.

Snoo

The Legend
I thought it would have been much better with an amazing drop and more airtime. We'll see this summer.

Mark9

Roller Poster
Expedition Ge Force. I want to love it but I just get this feeling of mediocrity when I rode it. From the laborous lapbar/seatbelt checking (especially compared to the easy Silver Star) to the meandering helixes over some water and trees which are lacking force and speed and enjoyment. Thinking of it actually sends me to sleep. And then the trims which attempt to decapitate any air time from the last part of the circuit.

The first drop definitly doesn't save the rest of the ride.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Rita and Thirteen for me,
Rita, well, is just boring as heck, slightly painful, ugly, uncomfortable, smelly, this list could go on. Its hugely popular though, the queue for it is always long. WHY? Its not new, its been there for 7 years, this tells me people like it, which for me makes it overrated.
Thirteen, this is really Alton Towers fault here, marketing, I has expecting big things from this, until I saw construction pictures, its a family ride, so market it as a family ride, not a big thrill ride, because unless your 10 years old its not. Overrated!

PS: I know its not open yet, but I wish we had Verbolten, looks 10 times better then Thirteen.

Lofty

CF Legend
Colossus The Power of 10 said:
Thirteen, this is really Alton Towers fault here, marketing, I has expecting big things from this, until I saw construction pictures, its a family ride, so market it as a family ride, not a big thrill ride, because unless your 10 years old its not. Overrated!
Sorry, but you can't really blame the PR Department at Alton for that, they did their jobs, on the other hand, if you was gullible enough to believe in that, it's your own fault.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Sorry, but you can't really blame the PR Department at Alton for that

Why not? Its a tame family coaster that they marketed as the 'Ultimate THRILL machine', 'everything you ever wanted in a coaster', bla bla.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Katun. I was really let down but think that if I hadn't had the thing hyped up to me I would have been far more impressed.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Katun has got the best first drop of any invert I've ridden I think.

But yeah, apart from that it didn't do much for me apart from make me feel quite ill if I'm honest.

Jake

Strata Poster
Thirteen isn't overrated, like, at all.

If you go by marketing, most rides would be overrated surely? To my knowledge, not many parks diss their own creds...

If anything, Thirteen is underrated. It gets slated so much by a load of idiots who took Alton's words as gospel, ignoring fundamental facts which they knew even before construction began. I can see why the GP would be annoyed at Thirteen, but I was very suprised at the reaction from many enthusiasts who quite frankly, should have known better.

I'm not saying it's an amazing coaster, as it obviously isn't. It's not even good really. It's meh, which is exactly what we knew it would be like, so why everyone (enthusiasts) was shocked I'll never quite understand.

I guess Alton had NEVER carried out melodramatic marketing before, so everyone was caught off guard.

Oh, wait...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I quite often agree with you Jake, but never absolutely 100% word for word :)

As "clever insiders", how could anyone have fallen for the marketing? Next you'll be saying you're disappointed The Swarm didn't take your hands off at the wrists!