What's new

Jarret Stroud

Roller Poster
What defunct coaster do you miss the most?

For me: Shockwave at SF Great America/GASM at SF Great Adventure

Last edited:

Indy

Hyper Poster
I think I have to give it to Avalanche at Timber Falls. It was such an unassuming little coaster but absolutely hauled throughout the entire rambunctious layout.

Volcano The Blast Coaster, Tower of Terror II, and La Feria’s Montaña Rusa are also in the conversation.

Sandman

Giga Poster
From a sentimental standpoint, I’d have to go with Texas Tornado at Frontierland (Morecambe).

It’s was my first proper woodie; a gateway into the coaster world.

I live about a 2 min walk from where it once stood, and it’s a sad sight considering the land has been empty for over 20 years now.

As much as it wasn’t a particularly amazing coaster, I’d absolutely love to have it back now. It would make a great difference to the town.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Could we add the Southport Cyclone as well, just to finish off the Lancashire coast?
For the same reasons as above, Sunday trips to a beach hut at Ainsdale ended with a ride on the Cyclone...if I was good.
Which even then, wasn't often.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Blackpool's Wild Mouse head and shoulders above anything else. Next would be Volcano at Kings Dominion followed by Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake, in spite of it looking like a death trap. I miss Led Zeppelin - the Ride for the experience, even though it was the roughest B&M I've ridden. Although Hagrids is good, even great when the effects are working, I do miss Dragon Challenge. The Ultimate was the only reason I would visit Lightwater Valley, or Mingoland for that matter. Six Flags New England doesn't look right without Goliath towering over the midway, but can't say I'll miss riding that POS. And I'll probably miss Wicked Twister whenever I go back to Cedar Point. Same goes for Vonkaputous at Linnanmäki - such a unique ride. If I go way back, I have to mention Thriller - the most amazing Schwarzkopf ever built.
The others that I could add to the list have all been RMC'd, so can't say I miss them.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
"Miss" is a bit strong since it's no longer a local coaster, but the fact that Eagle Fortress doesn't exist anymore makes me sad.

rob666

Hyper Poster
It was half closed in 2017...open about a third of the time while failing to manage the new magnetic brakes system and broken chains from the extra weight.

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Wild Mouse at BPB for me, always gave me a huge grin on my face the whole way around, it was the very definition of a "Wild Mouse".
So unique, looked so awesome off the ride, fit in the space well. My heart sank when I heard the news that closed season that it'd been removed.

Still get pissed off remembering that they closed it that way, would have been nice to see it/ride it one last time, even as a paid event.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Vortex at Kings Island, both for sentiment and because I was in the “It’s still fun and not that rough“ camp right up until the end.

Dueling Dragons at IOA with the original theming and dueling aspect. I’m sure I’ve said this elsewhere, but as soon as it was rethemed to Harry Potter the whole experience lost some of its charm. The “Dragon Challenge” concept felt lazy, and it makes me wonder if Universal knew from the beginning of Hogsmede that their dueling inverts were getting the axe. I like to imagine a world where Hagrid and Dueling Dragons somehow occupy the same plot in alternate dimensions. What better way to capture the whole “magic” theme?

Changa

Mega Poster
I know its not a coaster but I'm already missing Apocalypse at Drayton manor. Other than that, Wild Mouse, TTD and G-Force.