What's new

What coaster would you ride all day?

Rush

Giga Poster
Well obviously I'd go for a coaster I really liked so I'll start from number 1 and find a coaster which fits the bill.

Okay, Alpengeist. It's amazingly intense and pretty kick-ass. After one ride though it gave me jelly-legs. I think I could be dead after just 10 in a row. :p So no I would not be able to ride it all day.

Number 2 is Xcelerator. Well for a start it's the only good thing in the park so I probably could ride it all day. :p (Other than the Screamin' Swing but it's pay per ride.) Incredibly fun. Good. Comfy. Good. Intense. Good. Short. Not so good. Problem with it being so short is of course it would get repetitive and dull after a while. I would have to say no as well.

3. Griffon. Epically fun. Comfy. Excellent re-ride factor but once again it's short and something that after 20 goes would get dull. With other rides such as Alpengeist, Apollo and DarKastle as well, I wouldn't want to miss them out too.

4. Oblivion. Same as Griffon, too short and the novelty of the drop would wear off quickly and it would get dull after a while. No.

5. California Screamin'. Well, it's fun, not uncomfortable, not too intense either so it wouldn't make me sick. Most importantly it's very long which would mean I'd get less rides (assuming that this day I would ride a coaster all day had no queue all day) and therefore not get bored as quickly. Also nothing else that special in the park apart from the Rapids and Tower of Terror to ride. I think this would be as close as it gets to a coaster I could ride all day.

So yeah, fun, long, comfortable, not too intense and being in a park with mostly **** rides is probably the perfect formula to have a coaster to ride all day long. In reality, I would never stay on the same coaster all day though.

[EDIT - I've just realised, I've said exactly the same but in a shorter post 5 pages back! Memory fail! :lol:]

Ben

CF Legend
I would have to say I could happily, happily ride California Screamin' all day long too! That thing kicks ass.

Ollie

CF Legend
I could probably ride Expedition GeForce and Megafobia for most of the day without a problem. As long as I had a little break every now and then. All the others I can imagine myself either getting bored or starting to feel quite sickly.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Me and my brother have discussed this several times and both agreed on Millenium Force, it's smooth for when you want to sleep, but not boring when you're awake.

Snoo

The Legend
The more that I think about it.. the more that I think that Cornball Express at Indiana Beach is somehting that I could ride all day instead of say my #1. Some woodies just give me a headache.. but after a dozen rides on CE.. I was ready for more.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
None. If it was say Nemesis, I would probably feel sick and I would become bored. The ride would loose it's apeal and I would lose interest in it and so on. If it was something boring and crap I would want to kill myself of boredom, and if it was something painfull I would end up dying of injuries. If I had to pick one it would be RMT at AT.

A

Anonymous

Oblivion
Such a great experience especially when it's warm outside cos it's so cold in that hole :shock:

DropZone99

Mega Poster
It'd have to be a woodie. For some reason I can only ride a Steel Coaster 20 times before getting sick of them. I rode Diamondback 19 Times in a row a few months ago and by my 15th. ride that night I was sick of Diamondback and I got bored with Diamondback. The next day I only rode it twice, and ever since that day Diamondback hasn't been the same. I could probably ride Cornball Express, Racer (KI), and Adventure Express. For some reasons I can marathon most woodies as long as I want, and Adventure Express is just a fun coaster with some good laterals and one pop of airtime and I never get sick of it. But that list is just of the coasters I've ridden and could ride all day, I'm sure there are tons of other coasters I could ride all day but haven't ridden yet.

A

Anonymous

Definitely the Phoenix at Knoebels. I've actually ridden it a bunch of times a day when I visit. Once I rode it 40x in one day from 10 am to 8 pm non-stop in 2006! This ride is AMAZING!

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I posted on this back on May 25. That one was totally wrong. Here is what I could keep riding all day:
Millennium Force
Gemini
Avalanche (KD)
Backlot Stunt Coaster (KD or KI)
Griffon
Kraken
Manta
Space Mountain (WDW)
Mr.Freeze (SFOT)
Lightning Racer
Comet (Hershey)
Son of Beast
Wild One (SFA)
Jack Rabbit (Kennywood)

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
I would have to say I could happily, happily ride California Screamin' all day long too! That thing kicks ass.

The soundtrack would do my bloody head in after two rides ha! I love the ride, but the soundtrack is sooo crap and cheesy.

I think The Ultimate. I bloody love that thing. But I would need some paramedics waiting I reckon, but it'd be worth it!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
theRock-steel said:
... Son of Beast...
You're out of your
icon_censored.gif
ing mind!!! :shock:
I have to change my pick on this one now that I've ridden Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket. I could ride that baby all day & night, selecting a different song each time. :wink:

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
Im not sure if I have already posted acomment on this topic, but oh weeeelllll, I think X;/No way out. Dunno why its just fun!!

Steven

Giga Poster
I would say Torre De Zeus (SP?) At Parc Asterix purely because you can be thrown around in those seats and not feel a sodding thing. Plus the track layout and themeing is epic.

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
Out of the coasters I have ridden...I'll say California Screamin'. A butter smooth, nice and long ride with a kicka$$ soundtrack. cool)