What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Treeis

Mega Poster
Oh wow! I went on that! Its in a shopping mall called Metro City...or something similar.

The ground floor of the mall is a theme park. Its weird when the lift hill goes up into the shopping mall. Theres also a bouncy drop tower that goes from the 4th floor all the way to the bottom.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^^I rode that too.

The helix is weird, it goes three mall sized floors down and right back to the station. The ride has no uphill section aside from the sectional lift hill.

The thing is actually huge, but boring.

Treeis

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:
^^I rode that too.

The helix is weird, it goes three mall sized floors down and right back to the station. The ride has no uphill section aside from the sectional lift hill.

The thing is actually huge, but boring.

I can't quite remember the size of it because I was little when I went on it...and now it could be completely out of proportion to what Im thinking in my head.

The turn on the lift hill is unique though.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^There's a twisty thing in the middle. That attaches to the car and that pulls it up the hill. A bit like the Glider Coaster on RCT3

Lofty

CF Legend
It's kind of like a spiral lift, but it's "Pushed" up by that large fin in the middle of the circular track. The Anti-rollback is simply there to stop the train from, well, rolling bcd if the worse happened. It's nothing strange really.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think all this is a bit much:

2gtdwee.jpg

Jake

Strata Poster
This isn't mega strange, but it's always annoyed me.

Just before the brake run on Shockwave at Drayton, all the suppports are V shaped, but there's a random one which is just a singular pillar, and it's not even straight! If you wanted a support at that angle, it would make sense if the track was banking the other way, but it just goes against the banking and is pointless...

Drayton33.JPG

Also regarding supports, this comes to mind...

36466_10150229769835054_5904884_n.jpg

36466_10150229769805054_2971758_n.jpg

Why go to the effort of going all the way up to the track if you're not going to touch it?!

36466_10150229769825054_6595385_n.jpg

http://rcdb.com/1237.htm

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Not only wasted effort but a waste of materials. If I was the park, I would be furious that I would have to pay extra money for useless supports.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Jake said:
Why go to the effort of going all the way up to the track if you're not going to touch it?!

Theme. It's a train themed ride. It wouldn't look like a train bridge with just the normal required supports. By not connecting them, the normal amount of flex is built in and there are (slightly) fewer overall welds required.

It actually looks decent in person.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Jake's been there, I'm sure of it, that's why he's posting it.

There's a big difference between theming and those supports. It'd be a LOT cheaper to use wood for the theming, like most other Mine Trains do. But this doesn't, this is using the actual supports, therefore, it won't be theming.