What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

IntaminToWin said:
^^Why the pedals if it doesn't need them to move...Why pedals on a roller coaster ANYWAY?

There's a couple of the "pedal coasters" in Japan. Some require you to pedal out of the station, some don't. That particular one, I had to pedal to get started. It was very slightly faster if you pedaled, but it wasn't worth the effort to do so.

Did anyone post Tommy Lee's 'ring of fire' drum kit yet?

coaster%201.jpg

Not exactly a coaster, but the S&S Space Shot at Magical Midway looks a bit dodge.

SUC57614_zps3b4aa8a3.jpg

Only has 4 seats, and for some reason they built the tower 1/3 taller than they needed to.

Magical-MidwayStarflyer2.jpg

^ One of the towers at Liseberg is the same. I guess it makes it look more imposing? Usually parks get smaller ones because of height restrictions, so I don't see why they didn't just make the actual ride system bit taller too...

liseberg_2054.jpg

rollermonkey said:
Did anyone post Tommy Lee's 'ring of fire' drum kit yet?

coaster%201.jpg

How?! I can't imagine being able to play the drums while strapped into whatever kind of harness he must have to wear for that.

He wears a soft 5-point harness. The fan contest winner passenger who rides with him for the second half of the bit wears an odd OTSR type device.