What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
UC said:
Gavin says the airtime on those things is really, really good.

The first drop on Big Boom (the blue one with the **** ed up brakes) is MENTAL. I'm sure it must have been the steepest drop, or at least very close, until the dive machines came along. Then factor in that it has a regular train and takes a little run up to the drop. The backseat is insane.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Just how wrong is this?!

gh3k56mg4d0001jflth50b.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
It's obvious he's talking about the train.

A train commonly associated with one type of kiddie coaster is on a totally different type of kiddie coaster.

He's not asking you to work out the riddle of the Sphinx or anything guys.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Allou Fun Park in Athens, just to spoil Lofty's fun.

Did you know he's been there?

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I knew it was THAT, I just didn't want to post the whereabouts of the coaster so people who think they're amusing can try and take the piss out of me BECAUSE I WORKED AT THE PARK INSTALLING THEIR NEW ATTRACTION WHICH IS A MASSIVE SUCCESS AND THE MORE POPULAR IN THE PARK - It's true, I've got the stats ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ben said:
It's obvious he's talking about the train.

A train commonly associated with one type of kiddie coaster is on a totally different type of kiddie coaster.

He's not asking you to work out the riddle of the Sphinx or anything guys.

It's still a kiddie coaster, and hell, the trains aren't even the same if you compare the two. What I find more weird is that Allou Fun Park has two Big Apples, an actual Big Apple model and a Tivoli.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ben said:
Oh Lofthouse, we all cared the first fifty thousand times we heard it.
Well, I don't apologise for being passionate about something and proud that I've done something productive with my life ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
For those of you that didn't see the Galveston Pier - Iron Shark update:

556082_329823683749221_177272299004361_932202_2088665217_n.jpg

It may not be weird, wacky or strange in your book, but it's definitely ingenious.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's all in the material selection. Type of material, thickness, and defects all play a part in it. They're probably using iron for both the track and supports and the support tubes are probably 1/2-3/4 inches thick. In addition to that, there's that other tube coming off at an angle attaching to another support somewhere.