Re:

Martyn B said:
Annoyingly, this pic doesn't show it off that well:

p17415.jpg

But them helix' are pretty messed up!

Edit, here's some better pics:

spaceworld_16_207.jpg

spaceworld05.jpg

And oddly the front of the train reminds me of a kitten...

spaceworld04.jpg

What rides are these?

Re: Wierd, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

^ That would be Titan V at Space World in Japan. That messy thing is really interesting, almost felt like falling out at one point when I rode it a few years ago...

It was red before they repainted it yellow...

Stumbled across this via RCDB's random ride generator:

http://rcdb.com/3238.htm?p=0

Looks like every brake on that ride is manually operated. And check out the location of that lift chain, ontop of the lack of restraints?

^ That's nuts. For some reason, and maybe it's just me, manual brakes seem like an awful idea. Leaves a large window open for human error to occur. But obviously there's never been a notable problem with it anyway.

Oh sweet holy lord....remember the Tower Coaster from RCT3....supposedly, there is one in existence >,>

towercoaster395.jpg

Oh god....WHY! That thing honestly terrifies the hell out of me. If they didn't have magnetic brakes all the way down the hill, it would easily pull 6+ g's. According to RCDB, there is ONE in existence that currently whores itself out in the fair route in Australia....the drop is at 135 degrees.

I'm not sure if I want to ride this, or run away screaming.

I'd ride it in a heartbeat, but for some reason I think 6+g is still too low without trims...

Makes me wonder why they choose some of their rides on RTC. Like, why this one, yet no.... MS spinner?

^Thats their guessed minimum just going around the top of the hill only.

Switching between the hideouts'...

POV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIRky72rXlc[/youtube]

Not as bad as I thought...

That is probably the most trimmed coaster I've ever seen. I can understand trims for the steep bit but not for the rest of the drop and after the loop.

Quick question. Wouldn't this be considered the steepest dropped coaster though? Does it not count as it is a traveling coaster and not a permanent one? Is it the fact that the entire drop trimmed?

^ It isn't really a drop in the same way that a screamin' squirrel isn't a drop because it is completely and totally controlled and in no way variable due to other conditions.

Most of the ride is the lifthill, time-wise. What a waste.