What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Re: Wierd, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

That's the Top Fun made Typhoon model at Magic World outside Naples, Italy.

Absolutely f-ucking garbage / death machine. It will kick your arse seven ways to Sunday.

I rode it twice, once with my OTSR popped 1/2-open, once with the OTSR properly secured. Neither option was any improvement. That one and the other clones of it can all be scrapped, melted and dropped into the Marianas Trench.

AKA: Worst coaster of the 1100+ I've been on.

kimahri said:
mouse said:
That water looks like... No, I won't say.

1261878859013.jpg

Like that?

Guess what it is. :3

Kimahri... what the hell is that?

It's probably been mentioned already in the topic, but I can't be arsed to trawl through 24 pages to check.

Pretty much the whole thing is bizarre (especially before they swapped that mental angled lift hill for an elevator lift), but take a look at this stretch of track on Tower of Terror at Gold Reef City

9m7n4g00co980bj4o20ur0.jpg

edn1uo1e9g00phqg0n69g4.jpg

Holy corners Batman!!!

The ride is based around a genuine mine tower that they moved from a real mine just up the road. It was all built in house and designed by the people now responsible for these... http://www.giantrides.com

Why was I never aware of this coaster before?

Huh, they replaced the cars too... BTW 6.3g ftw.

I get this feeling that it was supposed to be like Oblivion.

Vadge's website lets you rent giant wheels (like the London Eye)!

EDIT: That ride's insane!

fpq0lts0n4o00d9t92nb81.jpg

(Also it's rollercoasters and mining. Better go book some flights!)

Mysterious Sue said:
(Also it's rollercoasters and mining. Better go book some flights!)
Hahaha! I hadn't thought of it like that! Can't you somehow convince work to send you?! ;)

If only! I reckon if I stay with them for long enough I might get to go to South Africa, but could be yeaaaaars

There's not a lot left of the original ride now. They have reprofiled the drop and the elevator lift now uses mining equipment too. As somebody mentioned, the cars are new and they are adding a second car this year, all designed in-house - impressive stuff!

I have posted these pictures before in the scary rides thread but I thought you might like to see them here too:

imgp1880.jpg

imgp1790m.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICyfbZ1-qJU[/youtube]

It doesn't do much, but it's very Oblivion-esque.

Looking **** nuts.

Wouldn't it be great if loading was at the top of the tower, and you went up in an actual mining lift with the wire mesh doors!
(I've been in one of those in that big salt mine in Poland - the one that goes like a mile down, where they've actually carved out a full size church and sculptures and stuff). **** terrifying!

I actually think the elevator lift adds to the tension, well, from I can see in that POV anyway.

Honestly, does anyone ever feel any tension building when climbing a Eurofighters lift? I certainly dont, but I do on Oblivion, and it looks like this could do the same too.

I think it looks really good.

Ugh. Found another one:

7gum002ef9lg3s1sec091q.jpg

Look at the transition between the sidewinder and Inline. Just in the background. OUCH.

I felt pain in my side just looking at that picture :shock: