What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Re: Wierd, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Yeah those rides seem pretty boring TBH. Lots of drawn out-ness.

The hills are actually quite epic.. but those helices.. suck.. a lot.

That and also the ride is built on kind of swampy land. The terrain by the station is probably higher than that land where the helix is located.

I also seemed to have forgot to mention how **** hideous it is too. The land it's built on, that is.

image.php

I think this is shaped really oddly for a B&M, just loook at the peak of that immelmann. It kind of looks unnatural. :p

B&M does have some fairly funky shaping at times:

9h1m30008cpg1mm2b06io0.jpg

The angle of the photo makes it look like there is a straight section on the exit of the turn.

I just cant believe that SRoS was actually built. Like, if you own a theme park why would you go ahead with building a coaster with that layout? Why would you go ahead and build a coaster with more straight track than curved track? Building it once.. maybe I can understand, but cloneing it? Not even that, but cloneing that SRoS and not the one at SFNE? I've always wondered.

At least SFGAdv's installation of Viper has some logic to it. Ultra Twister was popular, and for some reason it had to leave the park (still not sure why), and the park wanted a suitable replacement, so they went to TOGO. I'll be honest, TOGO's concepts and advertisement seemed pretty promising. It didnt work out, obviously.

^Gunna find it for Zoe's offical first credit?

also, the last car on this train is faceing backwards while everything else is forwards, it's pretty funny.

f465bcob7o0029e32vhgos.jpg

^Looks to me like its the whole back half of the train that faces backwards. Really bizarre!

Hixee said:
^Looks to me like its the whole back half of the train that faces backwards. Really bizarre!

In around 2006/2007 they ran half of "El Diablo" backwards at Port Aventura. Was fantastic fun!

The last carriage of Twin Looper at the defunct American Adventure (Derbyshire) had 2 seats facing backwards in the last car:

hfakg550g6a000640mfi64.jpg

http://www.rcdb.com/808.htm?p=5280

Also look at those restraints, how far away they are from the rider?!

I've been on the Twin Looper a few times, but I've only just noticed that the seats were turned around in-house, and they didn't do a great job of hiding that fact!

Those restraints are vile, wonder how many teeth have been broken on them...