What's new

WB Movie World Australia |"Green Lantern"| S&S El Loco

Bear

Roller Poster
Re: Green Lantern Coaster - WB Movie World Australia

Martyn B said:
Yeah, that turn after the first drop....ouch!

Having ridden Flamingoland's El Loco, I can tell you that it's actually really comfy! It's one of the least shaky bits of the ride, which says alot considering how crap it's looked after :p

Lofty

CF Legend

D1993 said:
I just want the ride to stay the way it is ...
Not open? ;)

To be honest, I don't think that turn will be that bad, only time will tell.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Having ridden Flamingoland's El Loco, I can tell you that it's actually really comfy!

I too have ridden it, and it was alright, But this one looks a lot worse.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Apparently it opened at 4pm today. There is a Christmas event on tonight so presumably it will be running for that.
Anyway, I'm heading down tommorow, so I'll check it out and return with pics etc.

Gazza

Giga Poster
#123 get for me.

Soft opening this arvo, pics and it did happen:
http://www.parkz.com.au/photos/members/page526.html
392228_10150422645011616_6404771615_8483342_1394552517_n.jpg

I liked it. The beyond vertical drop actually feels decently steep, not like those wannabe Eurofighters. You actually tip foward in your seat.
Very comfortable and smooth. Whenever those topics come up about "Favourite restraints" I'm gonna vote for these. Much nicer than those overbearing Maurer ones. They do have a secondary lap seatbelt like Intamin lapbar coasters, but the smart thing is, the harness wont physically pull down until the seatbelt is clipped in, so that naturally eliminates the need for a separate seatbelt check.
The outside turn was kind of meh...was fun, but not 'gross' or anything over the top...It was more "whee, we're tilting out, and now we're not"...Granted I was seated front left on my only ride, so i got the least tilt there.
Onboard audio could have been louder, otherwhise it did the job...Bit of build up on the lift with dramatic music, then sort of generic action music on the course.
Plenty of hang time in the inversions, but nothing bad at all. Felt like it was at the right pace, and didnt have moments of absolute speed kill like Timber Drop in France.
It was a soft opening in every sense, opened at 4pm, managed about 5 cycles, then stopped with a car on the 2nd mcbr...Lucky I got on at all! I left the park pretty soon, and about 200 people got spited.
Ah well, I'll be back for re-rides.
Overall, decent fun coaster. Not as good as Superman, but I enjoyed it, and will make an effort to ride each visit.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks like you get some good near-misses with the supports on the outside seats.

Apart from that, looks about the same as the others! :p

D1993

Hyper Poster
^ Yeah, it now seems to be going through the layout at the same speed as the others.
Dissapointing, but I think the ride overall will still be a hit.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I've noticed a few minor adjustments and it looks like they improve the ride overall. The biggest change I noticed is the top of the first drop rises. The rise slows down the train enough to build suspense and also slightly decrease the need for trims on the beginning of the drop*.

*Yes, I know it's still trimmed, and I know that the trims are a necessity. They're just not needed at the very top of the drop.

D1993

Hyper Poster