CF Legend
Re: Green Lantern Coaster - WB Movie World Australia

This picture confirms the on ride audio rumour:

382199_10150415652533566_194340658565_8518026_664332898_n.jpg

Thanks to TPR.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

^^ Whats the point of the text on the back of the car? No-ones going to be able to read it.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

I know try trying to catch all that as it flies by. Even in the station the font isn't exactly large enough for you to see from the loading gates. I must say though the trains do look pretty sick. Anyone have a picture of the front?

Josh73

Giga Poster

Mabye while in the station or in the final brakes?

Gazza

Giga Poster

^Yeah, I mean if its got 7 cars...Presumably they'd run say only 6, but you'll still stack.

Also, you get a direct 'back on' view of the lift, so you'll be able to see it there.

D1993

Hyper Poster

No one had posted a link yet, so I thought Id put it here.

Movieworld put up photos on their facebook of all the trains that have now arrived and my guess is they will soon be ready to put on the track and test!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 181&type=3

I really love the look of the trains. When you look at all the photos you can really see how its 'over the head lap bars'.
And the train design looks awesome too.
If only movieworld was open at night all the time, then this would look absolutely stunnung

D1993

Hyper Poster

And Finally, testing!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zPqL8qon2U

Oh and the train doesnt come up the lift hill until 1:10

I'd like to say that it actually runs through the whole course the fastest in comparison to all the other El Locos.
This is great news, as the breaks dont really bite (correct me but it seems like they are not biting at all).

However, the first drop is much slower than I expected. But I guess the park wanted to go for the cliffhanger effect, and with the lap bars it will still feel plenty insane, so Im not dissapointed about the drop.
Overall im very pleased, if this is how the actual ride operates on opening day it will be pretty great!

Josh73

Giga Poster

^You said everything I wanted to!

But yeah, it looks like it has a fast pace compared to other El Locos. I like the holding brake effect.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Would anyone think it odd if I said that Josh73 and D1993 often seem like one person with two screen names IMHO?

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ beats me.
Great minds think alike :D
hahahaha.

Im just excited for this ride, cos Im gonna get to go on it and Ive never been on any El Locos (I know the others arent all that amazing), but this one really looks quite good.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I am not going to jump and say 'it looks amazing' since it's only started testing. I have the feeling that it will be as trimmed as the other El Loco models. Otherwise, I can't see this coaster running 5-6 trains at once. Besides, taking those outward banked turns at that speed doesn't look that comfortable...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Unless the restraints are somhow more comfy!

Looks good and extremely forceful! My only criticism is that the car looks a bit too "bulked out" on that small track... :--D

tks

Strata Poster

4 across seating with lap bars... Nice!!

Bentleya

Mega Poster

Fantastic to see some testing finally going on, Lift hill looks very quick :D.

Josh73

Giga Poster

rollermonkey said:
Would anyone think it odd if I said that Josh73 and D1993 often seem like one person with two screen names IMHO?
I'm confused... :?

D1993

Hyper Poster

I just want the ride to stay the way it is ...