What's new

WB Movie World Australia |"Green Lantern"| S&S El Loco

Gazza

Giga Poster
I'll get this one rolling, but it's Rumoured to be an El Loco.
Movie World has had a delivery of supports, and work has begun on a plot at the front corner of the park.

The plot of land for it can be seen here (With the blue construction fences around it)
http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.907229,1 ... d=20110721

314031_241486525893339_221490447892947_677318_347419_n.jpg

294263_2053190086731_1153897737_31932928_6145897_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/OutsidersAU

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Unknown Coaster - WB Movie World Australia

Oh, I am sorry Australia. You don't deserve that :(

Josh73

Giga Poster

Oh, poor Australia. They need an amazing coaster. Not an El loco. Money issues are preventing them from an amazing coaster, I reckon. Or stupidity. :wink:
The supports do look like the ones comonnly found on El Locos, so probably an El Loco is what were dealing with.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: S&S El Loco - WB Movie World Australia

Hmm... I think this could look quite good with the bright green track and black supports. Guess we'll just have to wait and see! :p

D1993

Hyper Poster

Josh73 said:
Oh, poor Australia. They need an amazing coaster. Not an El loco. Money issues are preventing them from an amazing coaster, I reckon. Or stupidity. :wink:
The supports do look like the ones comonnly found on El Locos, so probably an El Loco is what were dealing with.

I can only say its stupidity unfortunately.
Australian parks have enough money to make amazing investments every now and then, yet they always choose rides like buzzsaw and probably this el loco

this isnt really exciting at all.
I dream of one day a B&M Hyper coming to the land of drought ridden quality coasters.
It will never happen though.
Hopefully, at least this El Loco will run really well. Better than Steel Hawg hopefully.

ry1996

Mega Poster

Defo Looks like an el-loco right now. Tbh i like the Colors very nice.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

The track could be repainted when the track was completed like one of those chinese SLC's were...

Is this going to be a clone like ALL the others?

oriolat2

Giga Poster

But those El Loco look pretty amazing. With the steep drop and funky inversions... don't they ride as well as they look?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Apprently no, they dont. Have to get a reply from someone who HAS ridden one though.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Ben

CF Legend

No... just... no...

Mumbo Jumbo is DISGUSTING.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Been on two. They're both crap.

davidm

Strata Poster

Been on two also; they are better/more interesting than a wild mouse (spinning or otherwise) for a small footprint ride.

(and MW does have a mouse already)

Josh73

Giga Poster

I really like the colors! I wish Australia did get a Hyper. I can just imagine how excited D1993 would be.

El Loco=Bad.
Green on El Loco=Good, but bad ride.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Crap capacity and very unreliable. I'll admit, they do look fun, but they're really not.

How much do these cost? If they're dirt cheap, then yeah, I'd rather these things than the spinning mice etc...

Snoo

The Legend

They aren't completely crap but aren't the best either.

D1993

Hyper Poster

So when you change it to usd it becomes 6.5 million. And the American and Australian dollar are pretty much on par right now.
This is an extremely cheap way to advertise a new major thrill. They really should be doing more as the last major roller coaster was superman escape and they spent a good 12 million dollars. Its basically half what they spent, that will be on this ride. I am expecting SUPER AMAZING OMFG theming from this then!!!!! If not, its just gonna be crap and I will be very annoyed at movieworld.
Hopefully, there is some sort of bigger El Loco model that no park has just purchased yet. Im sure that if movieworld wanted a bigger version, S&S could surely give it to them.

edit: after checking the S&S website, I found that they do indeed have different versions of the el loco.
there are 3 actually. So this means we could be extremely dissapointed with the small one, dissapointed with the usual one (all 3 el locos in existence are the 2nd option with the 96 foot height), or happy with the bigger one!
Looks like chances are were going to be unhappy :(
lol

Anyways, here is the link to the website. I definetly hope we get the largest scale one. It measures 230 feet by 40 feet and is 130 feet high.
http://www.engineeringexcitement.com/ri ... rs/el-loco

Just a side note, superman escape is 120 feet, so if they get the large scale one, then this would be the tallest roller coaster in the park and would make a fantastic skyline (whether or not the ride will be crap or awesome)

Gazza

Giga Poster

D1993 said:
So when you change it to usd it becomes 6.5 million. And the American and Australian dollar are pretty much on par right now.
This is an extremely cheap way to advertise a new major thrill. They really should be doing more as the last major roller coaster was superman escape and they spent a good 12 million dollars
Just for the record, Superman was $16 Million AUD in the end.

Dave

CF Legend
S&S El Loco - WB Movie World Australia

I bet shipping costs puts a lot of parks buying rides.