What's new

WB Movie World Australia |"Green Lantern"| S&S El Loco

D1993

Hyper Poster
Re: Green Lantern Coaster - WB Movie World Australia

Edit: whoops I posted the same thing as ry1996 just a couple seconds later.....

Overall, between the 4 across trains, lap bars, steeper outward banked turn, and just overall vibe of this rides construction and appearance, im really hoping for it to be far better than the other el locos.
Testing is my next huge worry.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

It's going up like wildfire!

Looks like the theming has started to be put up...(note the 2 little (houses?) being put up in the centre)

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Yes I wondered what those buildings were?
I thought it was some mechanical thing that housed wiring or electric work and whatnot. Because from the station, you wont even really be able to see it, and the park still remains quiet about what sort of theming there will be and the extent it will go to.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Here's a nice comparison shot between our version and a standard one. You can see how much it has been bulked up structurally, especially on the dive loop where the half twist has garda raptor style "squares" of supports around the track....It actually resembles a "proper" coaster now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ben

CF Legend

Oh God, that outside banking looks disgusting. The one on Mumbo's horrid, why would you want to make it even more vile?

It might have better supports, that doesn't mean it's not going to absolutely suck.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Ugh these coasters make me sick just looking at them.

Why would they chose Green Lantern as theming it was a terrible movie, probably the worst superhero movie I've seen.

michaellll

Mega Poster

I wouldn't say the theming needs to be bashed too! Granted, the movie was rather poor...

Green Lantern has an immense amount of backstory to pull from. The movie definitely doesn't define the franchise at all. I don't see any reason why the theming would be poor. I mean, it's a good quality franchise.

Gazza

Giga Poster

This^
Plus don't most superhero movies suck anyway? Nobody goes round criticizing Hulk at IOA because the film sucked.

I think it's more so it could have a theme that is at least somewhat well known now.

It might have better supports, that doesn't mean it's not going to absolutely suck.
9872047.jpg

D1993

Hyper Poster

Venom2053 said:
Ugh these coasters make me sick just looking at them.

Why would they chose Green Lantern as theming it was a terrible movie, probably the worst superhero movie I've seen.

Because as much as I dislike the quality of my australian home theme parks in terms of rides (a whole another discussion), Movieworld always does great theming. And a new sort of superhero area is being formed with superman and batwing, so green lantern adds to the vibe of the area, and movieworld always pull off really good theming with the rides. Superman is proabably the best.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Gazza said:
This^
Plus don't most superhero movies suck anyway? Nobody goes round criticizing Hulk at IOA because the film sucked.

Lol, thats cause Hulk is an amazing coaster, where as when I see this, I see a bad coaster, with a bad theme.
I'm not saying I don't like the actually theming pieces they will add to it. I just don't think the green lantern is a good theming idea. But i guess D1993 is right, if its in a superhero themed area then it will fit in.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Its funny, because most of us Australians I think are just happy its a better looking version than all the other El Locos, and that its going in at Movieworld.
Well I actually think Green Lantern is a good theme (I really enjoyed the Green Lantern theme at SGFA and while waiting in line being able to read all the signs and learn more about the character of GL, because ultimately I knew nothing until I saw the movie).
Movieworld is bound to do something like that with their lines, and the actual ride experience I'm sure will have an extensive theme, as pretty much everything at movieworld does.
Most Aussies are just happy its not that standard El Loco (in terms that this is a bit more 'beefed up').

I think I also heard rumors of changing the Lethal Weapon ride to some sort of superhero theme and making an official section of the park. Again, probably a complete and total rumor.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^The only problem with Green Latern theming though, is that SFGA and SFMM both have green lantern coasters, which makes this hardly unique...saying that, I doubt many visitors will have heard of the other two coasters..

D1993

Hyper Poster

Yeah exactly. 90 percent of the guests at movieworld have never even heard of six flags.
While that stat. could be way over, im just saying a large proportion of people dont know .... or care.
Green Lantern will be unique enough for all the australians visiting the park.

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, that is the problem with Green Lantern. That's why I was so glad they went for Superman and Batman on their first two superhero rides, those two haven't been touched before!

The theme's fine. Worry more about the ride.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Its funny, because most of us Australians I think are just happy its a better looking version than all the other El Locos, and that its going in at Movieworld.

It may look better because of the colours, but its still ****, unreliable, and has awful capacity.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^Well it can fit 8 people in one car so it the same as a eurofight yes thats not great but its still better than the standard El Loco's.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Im really hoping the ride is significantly better than the other El Locos although I doubt it.
We never really get the best rides (apart from superman, tot 2 and giant drop), so Im not expecting for it to be great, but im hoping for some reason it is.
Well I will be visiting gold coast in January and will definetly make a stop to ride Green Lantern. Although it'll probably be hell as busy.

They will probably enforce their ridiculous loose items policy on this ride and hopefully with lap bars they can pump out trains really quickly. Does anyone know if this ride has seat belts at all?
Or is it just like Nitro style?

And Martyn B, usually Movieworld could make a fairly bland ride exciting with the theming, so Im hoping thats what they do with this.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Trains have arrived, with what appears to be the rumoured onboard speakers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PS, why is the photo upload on here so picky? I had to use imageshack instead.

It says 640x480 is the limit, but i was within that, at 450 x 600.

The only problem is, the pic i was trying with is in portrait, so its upsetting the system.

Width is the only real thing that matters, since a tall photo is not going to throw the site out of alignment, and height wise its not as if we will be overrun by people posting that longcat picture.

Why not set the dimensions at 640x1280 or something?

D1993

Hyper Poster

Hopefully testing is really soon!
Then we will see if it will be crap like all the others .....