What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
That is one of the people on my sisters soccer team. Heartbreakers is the name of the team, hence the name of the ride. There are 14 1-car trains for each person on her team. And sues player number is 1, so her car is in front. The numbers go from 1-27 but the numbers are like 1,2,4,6,8,11, etc. Any other questions? Lol! Thanks!

SFMMMan17

SFMMMan17

Jer

Strata Poster
Dude sorry i'm just going to let them be...

I've tried the sky car top hat supports but there aren't enough pics to tell where the footers are. Sorry, plus it's already flanged. I know i said the top hat would be 85ft..turns out ti's 114ft :D

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p3777

NLDC page has some mroe shots with the scenery which I don't feel like uploading. I made a station...which may or may not be too long, I mad eit in sktchup and someone is converitng it for me once it's converted we'll find out.

Station:
anticsup8.png

notice the clever Interpol logo windows :lol:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
iceinvert07080717453100hg4.jpg

Not the final colour at all, i haven't had a play with that yet. This tracks being a right anoying thing to smooth and tunnel test though, damn thing.

Xpress

Strata Poster
That looks interesting. Here is a little sneek-peek of the progress on Thunder Mountain:

Looks cool, eh? Also, those are my first cartextures too. :)

Jer

Strata Poster
well with Antics done I decided to sit back relax and build a classic.

and what more classic than a coma inducing, head splitting. skull bashing Arrow!

Of course this means scaffolding on the lift with I happen to suck at but thanks to andre I decided to build it all form scratch!

swampbeast0708091855080qg5.png

the first of 3 scaffoling blocks that will support the lift hill

swampbeast0708091855200xg7.png

First drop with the worst trasntition ever that gently reaches +1.4lats then suddently changes to 0.2!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hmm, those supports are just a bit too big. You should use the size 2 suports, which will look better. They'll still hold it up, but will look better.

Jer

Strata Poster
Better man?

swampbeast0708092018540oz8.png

and now to show off mroe of the ride I give you...the only on arrow bad transtiton gallery!

swampbeast0708092019180gw2.png

^The surprise ending!

swampbeast0708092019320xn7.png

^the pile driver into double coma corckscrews

swampbeast0708092020010ow3.png

^ The 5g immelmann thingy of OMG I wanna get off!

i'm currently looking for testers...drop me an IM, PM, or E-mail

disclaimer: after riding ride I am NOT leglaly resposible for any neck, or back injurys you may have recived!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yeah, that's a lot better than before. Looks even more realistic. But that "Pile Driver" might be just a bit too much, don't ya think?

Lain

Giga Poster
I think crappy track work is crappy track work, no matter how much you try to disguise it as "It's an Arrow! LOL!", and is just laziness on the part of the builder.

Jer

Strata Poster
so it's laziness trying to make a ride look more like rides built company it was modeled after?

I know newer arrows like TT and X were heart lined but this is ment to be a classic. Of course needless to say it'll be good crappy trackwork and not crappy crappy trackwork, the transtitions will be bad but there will be as little pumping as possible and the g's will be realistic.

Lain

Giga Poster
Jer said:
Of course needless to say it'll be good crappy trackwork and not crappy crappy trackwork, the transtitions will be bad but there will be as little pumping as possible and the g's will be realistic.

Oh. That's alright then. :lol:

I'm doing/done but can't be arsed with the supports a rec of one of the arrow clones, and it has similar characteristics.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hmm, if that turn has 1.6 lats, then that is going to hurt. Try to make it either longer, or higher to get rid of the lats to keep them under 1.2.

Xpress

Strata Poster
That looks a lot more like a vecoma scaffolding. But it would look better if you connected them with the small "L" shaped beams, like on the top bracing.

Jer

Strata Poster
^^you mean connecting the sides? or connecting the tops of the scaffolding?

^thank you, it's a lot less tedius than it seems, it's jsut really reptetive and boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.