What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

^ Looks good. Nice freeform coaster with wicked supports.

I have started to work on a little project of mine. I got the idea from my recent trip to Middle Europe. Here is a pic of the coaster so far.

Spaceball.jpg

It's an enclosed Gerstlauer Euro-fighter.

Kraken

Roller Poster
I don't think I have posted any of my No Limits rides on here, probably because I havn't done anything in a while. Anyhow, I recently got onto the game again and tried churning something up... And it worked!

I started this on wednesday and have all of the layout done, most of the terrain and kind of started the supports, although they came out crap.

As for the details, it is an Accelerator coaster and basically a cross between Rita, Maverick and PortAventura's new coaster. It is only 55mph launch and 90ft tall, but is really intense and packs a punch. The max Gs are +5.1G & -0.5G vertical and about 1.1G lateral, but that is pulled in the roll. I made it completely out of tools and is probably the best thing I have made with them. It has 3 inversions; a zero-g/barrel roll thing and a cobra roll, and also has a Stangal Dive and a wierd 270* turn thing that I don't have a name for.

Anyway, onto the screens...
accelerator1.jpg

^Side view
accelerator2.jpg

^Front view
accelerator3.jpg

^A view of the Stengal Dive, Zero-G-Roll and highest point of the ride in the first helix/overbank turn thingy.
accelerator4.jpg

^The Zero-G/Barrel Roll that feels so good it sends tingles down your spine.
accelerator5.jpg

^Funky shot of the entrance to the Stengal Dive, which twists over the Zero-G-Roll and under the launch.
accelerator6.jpg

^The first turn after the launch. You get launched at 55mph into a drop that pulls 0Gs, then dive into the first bend skimming the river and pulling 5Gs.
accelerator7.jpg

^Coming out of the first bend and into the helix/overbank turn thingy pre-zero-g-roll.

I'll have more screens when I get further with it. Enjoy!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Well i had a little setback in my latest project because of cartextures and the likes.. but I think ive got the hang of it now, so here are a few more preview shots and the likes =O

yarr! Toilets and Gallows... what more do ye need?!
Toiletsgallows.jpg

Here are some like.. tunnels... (notice the dark tunnel ;) i think its a bit of an improvement compared to Breathes dark tunnel lol)
Tunnely.jpg

So your in the queue line right? And your on a bridge? hmm.. whats that underneath you?!
Spaghettijunction.jpg

Even Pirates need some good food (or cheap theme park fast food.. it doesnt make a difference.)
restauranty.jpg

And then the ride was like 'hey look at me.. i coming out!!!! ....of the ground."
Whoosh.jpg

Lets take a peeky-boo into this hole =O
peekeeboo.jpg

And finally time for some Signature shot action ;)
MCBR.jpg

Hope you enjoy the update, tell me what you think! :D

Peter

Hyper Poster
Bloody hell.

Another amazing coaster from you, and lol, you spent all that time making custom footers and now NL1.6 comes with some ace footers. :lol:

If you want suggestions, IMO I don't really like the pathway. The texture is repeated too often and it looks bland (IMO). Perhapse you could break up the pathway with something? (i.e. fountain/vegitation e.t.c)

Keep it up and I can't wait to ride it!

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
(GOBSMACKED!)- utterly awsome! I hope you add much more foilage though! as it's looking kinda bare at the moment!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
yeh im trying to figure out how to do that at the minute.. unfortunately the Object creator isnt the best at making trees and i cant use the No Limits trees because pretty much all of the ground near the coaster is under about 15ft of 3Ds... ahh well ill think of something *thumbs up*

Peter

Hyper Poster
^ I see your point. It just needs something to break up those paths. Fountains like the one you did in Breath would be cool.

I've been playing around with 1.6 again, and continued a bit with my Cobra rec, now that 1.6 includes Gerstlauer Bobsled style.

1fi7.jpg

2cd5.jpg

A

Anonymous

^That rec looks ace. Havn't been on the real one, but that one looks pretty real.

Had to redo many parts of my project due to the new physics settings of v1.6, and I have added some more track to the design. I changed the tie colour a bit so you are able to see something at all.

Spaceball1.jpg

Jer

Strata Poster
Wow the cobra recreation looks great.

I'm thinking about starting a Spinning coaster I just don't have a name. If anybody could help me with this it would be nice.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Thanks for the comments guys!

I've just spent the last hour making car textures, and OMG they look ace! 8)

texturedpl2.jpg

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
ANOUNCIN':

PDClogo1.jpg

CORSAIR - The Legend Of Dark Chest.

An all new coaster from B&M, Corsair (a posh term for a pirate) is the first ever 'Speedcoaster Jr'. Standing at a height of 140ft (43 meters), t'coaster still manages te reach high speeds of 64mph because of its unique, near vertical drop, which will twist you 270 degrees while ye watch the ground zoomin t'wards ye! This ride is not fer jus' any landlubber!

Corsair3-TheLegendofDarkchestCrazyC.jpg

The ride features a highly twisted layout which centers around te 'cursed caves', weavin' in and out numerous times to provide an extreme 'out of control' feelin' that will terrify e'en te most seaworthy o' dogs!

Corsair3-TheLegendofDarkchestCra-1.jpg

Arrr ye prepared?! ;)

Corsairtrain.jpg

Jake

Strata Poster
Jees Cobra, how the heck did you make those textures so perfect?!? They're just fab!

I may have to get 1.6 now, lol.

Jer

Strata Poster
http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p2566

I got a name and the layout is Almost finished. I'm really interested in what you guys have to say. I'm willing to take any advice.

Update now with extra crunchy supports :lol: :
yrovhhmkwh.jpg

Do these supports looks strong enough?

deestgzjaq.jpg

The enitre layout! the supports are going to be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.