What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Pretty neat coaster you've got there, J.J. Linn.. I think I remember you..

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
G-force2.jpg

The start of my G-force recreation.
I know the first corner and drop are wrong - going to fix that then try and make the lift support.

UPDATE:
G-force3.jpg

Ive fixed the first drop , but still not happy with the curve yet.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Update: Shape of Lift Hill Fixed and General shape of the Camelback has been made.
g-force8.jpg

Click the picture for full size.
In the picture the picture on the left is the plans of G-force.

UPDATE:
Supports on Camelback now done.
G-force10.jpg

Leighton

Mega Poster
Heres an out and back woodie i have been working on, the ride is so far complete up to the turnaround, and features one 90 degree turn so far

this is looking back on the lift hill and first hill (yes expect some nice floater air)
untitled25ql.png

this is looking from the top of the hill towards the 90.
untitled3lz.png

and then one more airtime hill before you enter this turnaround/helix.
untitled125af.png

i kept the hills small in relation to the first hill to maintain as much speed as possible throughout.

thats it so far.

A

Anonymous

G-force:
Looks really good, you just have to do something about the bottom of the first drop it should be more curved all the way.

leighton:
Looks nice, love that turnaround, but I think that you have to heart-line the exit of that helix, it looks like you are going to get som big lateral.

Both of my project have ground to a halt due to massive shool work and I think that they won't be done in quite a while. So I'm considering to add some colours to the 3Ds I have created so far and release a "under construction" release of them, hat would probably happen during the weekend or early next week.

Leighton

Mega Poster
Well i've modified the turnaround by removing the helix and replacing it by another 90.
outbackturn1uy.png

a nice direction change up into an airtime hill, (theres pops of air on every hill),
outback15sz.png

the return journey will remble more of a twister style layout.

and this is the last of the 90s on the circuit
outback20eb.png

now for those very observant among you, you will notice the heartline is on, as i like to make sure that my elements flow.

now look forward to some nice ejector air and a double up into the brakes
update coming sometime in the next week or so

A

Anonymous

Why are people afraid to put big laterals in their rides? Woodies have big laterals! The Boss by CCI has just over 2g lateral! That is ALOT! And imo it looks one of the greatest woodies ever. Put some nice lats in, but if your dsoing GG i wouldnt pass 1.6, as GG dont do them as strong as CCI did.

Anyway, i have a B&M invert on the go.... check it out here:
http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p2032

As per usual with my rides, it has BIG Gs! The helix has 5.3g, making it extremely intense. This ride is supposed to be a mixture of B&M and Giavanola, as you can see th helix on this was inspired by Anaconda at Gold reef city, and i also have many high G turns that are comparable to them of other Giavanola coasters. Giavanola are not afraid to put high G elements in their rides, so i decided to do this on this ride. I also have some very B&M style elements, the zero G is very B&M, and so is the last wingover. In fact most of the elements are very B&M, just a bit more forceful than the latest B&M creations.

zcl

Mega Poster
I hope that 5.3 is sustained and any of the other "high" G-forces. And it looks like a well built track, show me some support work and then we'll talk.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Well I am in the process of building a new coaster:
newtrack-060612113706000.jpg

newtrack-060612114211000.jpg

newtrack-060612114211001.jpg

Can you guess what it is?

Hint 1: Quad Track

Update coming soon. (Also I know normal people do supports and footers last. Well guess what I am not normal :lol: )

Dave

CF Legend
Oh my god its going to be a 500ft accelerator with Intamin side trains where the people sit on the outside of the train! OMGOMGOMGOGMOMGOMG.

Im so sure as its got Intamin tri track.

[/hype over]

A

Anonymous

I'm guessing it's an accelerator, launching into a top hat, up a hill into a helix, into the brakes?

Peter

Hyper Poster
Right, well it's about time I commented on some of these tracks.

G-Force
Looks good, however a couple of things:
- There looks like there is a large pump when coming out of the drop and into the airtime hill. You can clearly see a flat spot.
- Are you sure that the heights and scale is correct? Your recreation looks alot higher than the real thing.

Leighton
Loving the woodie, looks very Voyage like. Keep it up,

jpecool
This track looks stunning!
I can see this being one of those famous coasters, getting perfect 10/10's and being remembered for a long time! I just hope that the trackwork is a good as the scenery.

CPFreak
Can't really tell much from footers. Best gues is an Intamin Accelerator, with a high swooping helix, and an airtime hill into the breaks.

Try to finish this one this time. :p

-------------------------------------------------------

My Cobra recreation has been coming along slowly, with mainly 3d work.

station18bn.jpg

station27cn.jpg

A

Anonymous

Dream coaster 1: Turbo Air II
Here is the product of a dream I had 9-20-03, I modeled it by hand 9-21-03 and forgot about it till now. Well here it is 6-13-06 and it's almost finished.
Here is my best representation of the logo from my dream:
turbologo.png

I remember the entrance sign said: "warning: do not ride if you have any medical conditions or faint easily. Not responsible for injuries sustanied on ride." It also stated the stats of the ride below the warning. I have them saved in a text file somewhere on my computer which I'm looking for, but here is what I remember offhand:

LIM powered
max vertical G's 6.1
max lateral G's 1.4
Max speed: 50+?

turbo1.png

And the infamous diamond loop that lead me to create this :shock: :

turbo2.png

Also the 2 downward spirals on the right hand side of the first image should be brown but I haven't got to that yet.

A

Anonymous

Dude, isnt it hard to work backwards? Or have you done the whole track, and then just deleted parts so it looks like its under construction?

Good anyway!

--------------

Ok, so im still working on Sirocco, i did think i was going to drop this project when i noticed a high lat in the wing over, part way through 3ds construction. Im an absolute bone head for not noticing it, but it is only for about 1 tenth of a second so it doesnt show up unless you ride slowed down. But i put a light trim brake in, and it slows the ride down by 3mph and makes a hell of a difference to gs in the wing over, but doesnt make the ride feel like its slowed down, so its good :)

Anyway..... there arent any updates i dont think, but heres the link again
http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p2032

One more thing, there wont be many updates in the next month, because its the "like flies on (bad word for poop)" contest on WWS, so i will be working on an entry for that, because my exams finish when that contest begins :) YAY

EDIT: Thanks cobra, it is a really smooth ride, but some people may think Gs are too high, but only if they are complete retards and arent aware that people can stand over 5gs :p But it is obvious i will never get a 10 on this site, you have like an anti-tool attitude here, and this whole coaster was made by manipulating HSAK formulas......oh well. As long as people understand HSAK is actual hard, and so is purg. :wink:

Oh and cobra, your 3ds look stunning! Good job man!

zcl

Mega Poster
just because ther body can tolerate it doesnt mean its comfortable to the rider. Nothing is wrong with a quick spike, but once hyou decide to be a nut and subject the body sustained forces that high (~4.5 and up) your asking for trouble. Look at El Toro, the ejector airtime has got to hit in the -1.5 - -2.0 range and it's not sustained. The intensity of it described by the riders is more than extraordinary. All I'm saying is that you may decide to push that far, but God help you if its sustained.

A

Anonymous

5g can be sustained, but only for a second. This reaches 5.3g and is not sustained, but the gs gradually rise up from 3 to 5.3 through the helix, gradually pushing the rider into their seat until rthe fgorce gets so strong for about half a second, and then it suddenly loosens out on the pull out.

Anyway i never said just because your body can tolerate it it would be comfortable. I hear Goliath at SFMM pins you against your seat with 5g sustained for just over a second in the last helix, and that is slightly uncomfortable. But what fun is a ride when its totally comfortable, you might as well just sit in a simulator... IMO anyway, but then again i do prefer crazy rides like Ultimate which are SO uncomfotable but feel so out of control.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
my newest coaster =D

It's taken me ages to do, it's uber realistic and really fun. Not got much to do to finish it now. I've yet to name it. It's based on Nitro and Goliath (SFOG)

bmhyppeer0605151339570019vj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.