What's new

Tom's NL2 Thread: Swing Launch and B&M Hyper 5/14

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Tom's NL2 Thread: First NL2 PARK! Update 10/26/14

This looks ace. Definitely need a new computer to run both of these smoothly at once. :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster

First off, looking for tester to provide feedback.

Second:

Third
The park will feature three coasters, all being shown in the last picture. The woodie and booster bike are done, and the wing is nowhere near done. After I finish the wing, I will be focusing on terrain for the wooden, which was heavily influenced by Hades. Don't expect completion until the end of November really. I may consider a fourth coaster in a different section of the map, but that depends on how terrain work goes, and how tired of it I get.

Comments, criticism, etc.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Wing? That looks like vekoma track to me... :?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Well, its 4D without seat rotation and trains turned around. I will be attempting to put in B&M track with current track hidden, but the one time I tried it before, I wanted to kill myself. Wish the first big update would come with wingrider trains so I wouldnt have to do it.

Small chance the type may change for that ride, or it may vanish and reappear somewhere else. Depends on how pissed off I get at it.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Well, bad news first, lost all my files with NL2, so I'm starting from scratch. I'd be lying if I didn't say Zenith that Crazycoaster just posted was not my initial motivation for making a Giga. I spent time matching the lift supports to Fury's, and then said **** it with the rest.

Stats:
351 foot drop
100 mph
7200 feet

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s9syk ... /A.nl2park

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

tomahawk said:
Well, its 4D without seat rotation and trains turned around. I will be attempting to put in B&M track with current track hidden, but the one time I tried it before, I wanted to kill myself. Wish the first big update would come with wingrider trains so I wouldnt have to do it.

Small chance the type may change for that ride, or it may vanish and reappear somewhere else. Depends on how pissed off I get at it.

The Code Master recently released a wing coaster kit for NL2.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICQXxKCOFXM[/youtube]

Here you go my good sir: Clicky

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Tom's NL2 Thread: Quantum 12/6/14

Been dabbling, well, waiting, for Wingrider to come out on Christmas, so I threw this together. Still have some supporting issues to take care of with collisions between the two coasters, but here are some teasers to hold you over.

Gonna add a third coaster to this little park and may actually spruce it up to make it look nice. Probably not though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Tom's NL2 Thread: Wooden Racer Teaser 12/22

I quite like the look of the red train's path in the bottom picture. Looks good!

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Looks nice from what I can see. Is it supposed to be a RMC?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

The thought behind it was take the classic Racer/Dueling wooden coaster, but turn it on it's head. It has traditional aspects, as well as RMCish aspects. I took the old Colossus train colors to pay a bit of homage as I always loved that.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Well then, I look forward to seeing it complete!

Dapalm

Mega Poster

I asked because maybe you could make the RMC rails. It t
akes about 10 min. Take a look at the tutorial if you want:

Nolimits 2 Tutorial: Part 8 - Custom RMC Rails an…: http://youtu.be/8Uz9ajB1e8U

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I'll take a look once I get back home on Sunday.

The next two weeks or so don't expect an update really. I will be packing all of my belongings and moving 1500 miles so life is gonna be a bit crazy.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Seeing how nobody really looks at NL2 threads anymore, just gonna drop this here to drop it. Project I've been working on for past 2 or 3 weeks has principal trackwork done, some supporting, and all terrain. If any feedback, I may release it, but if not, **** it. Obviously, it's a wingrider because everyone has to do 7.

LEt's see what is lurking in the woods, shall we?

have to do at least one barrel roll

overview

double tunnel trouble

sploosh

Please comment, criticize, whatever. I'm looking for someone to give feedback so if you want to test it out, PM me or say so. Need some constructive criticism.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The double tunnel idea is neat!

Send me a copy of the track, I'll have a look for you. I have a new computer now, so plenty of power to run this game smoothly in HD - making me willing to try out more rides now. :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Just for those who care, this project isn't dead. I started a new job 2.5 weeks ago and the thought of staring at a computer after 9 hours of doing it at work is **** awful, so I've opened NL2 once in that time to dick around with a flying shuttle that will never see the light of day...probably.

For those who did test it, thank you so much for the feedback and I have taken all your suggestions into account. There is a few new aspects to the layout, fixing some bad pacing. Depending on how I feel about this once I get back to it, this may become a multi ride park, but still in the initial thought process on that.

So, in a nutshell, in a week it will either be posted, or it will have an update with a massive giga.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Well to let you in on the test, the technical is good except the pacing dies down on one of the trims. But the coaster is excellent!