What's new

Tom's NL2 Thread: Swing Launch and B&M Hyper 5/14

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Tom's dev thread: The Mountain- Defender (2/7/14)

DEFENDER OF THE MOUNTAIN STATS

Length: 6156 feet
Speed: 70 mph
Launches: 2
Height: 172.5 feet
Tunnels: 4
Inversions: 5

Images

Download: http://www.filedropper.com/themountain

Please comment and let me know what you think. Would love some feedback. First teaser of next project up sometime tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Tom's dev thread: Defender of the Mountain RELEASED (2/9

**** hell, typed out a reply to this and I'd been logged out so I lost it all. I will attempt to re-write most of it though...

Good work! I liked the layout - especially the inversions, they seemed to flow really nicely (although the double roll into the tunnel was trippy) - and the corners were nicely shaped. It was nice and long (fnarr) and was relatively unpredictable, which was nice. I liked the second launch too, although I don't know if it was necessary to slow the train down as much as you did just before it, but that's just me.

As for negatives? I wasn't too keen on the exit to the station. I feel like most coasters are quite rigid in their design for these sections (simply because it's easier to manufacture all the track/rails/catwalks etc), so maybe have a straight section followed by a corner section, instead of having one sweeping curve with a varying radius. I also noticed that some of the sections seemed to be slightly 'not-straight', not this might have just been me, but it felt like the train was snaking slightly on the straight sections of track.

Overall though, great! Don't take too much from the negatives, just stuff to consider in the future (except maybe the footer poking through the track just before the loop). I look forward to the next one.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Tom's dev thread: Defender of the Mountain RELEASED (2/9

Thunder Valley

Thunder Valley is a MASSIVE RMC creation. With a drop of 205 feet and 250 foot elevation changes, this thing will not stop until you hit the brakes.

Note: I am aware on the overbank the catwalks hit the track, I worked for hours trying to clear it and I just haven't had enough experience with the new program to figure out all the little tweaks, so it is very VERY possible I will release an updated version of it in a few months, when I figure out how to change the autosupports around.

Stats:
Height: 205 ft
Drop: 200 ft
Elevation Change: 256 ft
Spped: 80 MPH
Trains: 4
Tunnels: 3

Teaser:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/puyoz ... er.nl2park

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Re: Tom's dev thread: Thunder Valley Released 2/17/14

Them turns though... :shock: Some supports hits passengers though. Better watch out for that. I love the backwards train. Overall, Great Job! =D>

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Tom's dev thread: Thunder Valley Released 2/17/14

Sprint

This was intended to be part of a massive project and originally featured two other coasters in the park, including a dueling split track eurofighter, but it got scrapped due to lack of being decent. Sprint is a B&M Giga that doesn't go above 90 feet for nearly a mile after the drop. 93 mph and tight transitions. Can you handle the Sprint?

https://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/sprint/7772

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Tom's dev thread: Sprint B&M Giga 3/16/14

Seeing how my past two projects haven't gotten any comments, I'll start with teasers for the next one. No name yet, but it is an Intamin LSM that will be 100% custom supported. About 3 hours of work so far on supports. This will be my most expansive project yet.

Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Comments appreciated.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Tom's NL2 Thread: WIP Intamin LSM 3/21/2014

That first drop is naughty. :p

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: Tom's NL2 Thread: WIP Intamin LSM 3/21/2014

A tunnel? In NL2? I would have never guessed. ;)

Looks good, Tom. Can't wait to see it finished.

Posted while reading your mind.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Tom's NL2 Thread: Cryptyc Released 9/21/14

Tom could you please post a mediafire download for the giga-coaster? I'm having a session riding and rating these this evening and don't have/want a NLE account.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Right, in order of you uploading them (and sorry I've only just gotten round to this).

Thunder Valley
Pretty good. There were some sections where the transitions were a little too snappy for my liking, but on the whole it was alright. It definitely felt like a big change from the style of RMC coasters we've seen so far, which was nice. I was sort of hoping that there was going to be a couple more inversions in there too. :p

Sprint
I really liked this! Very nice concept pretty well delivered. It was smooth, it flowed, it was fun, great! Only two criticisms were that firstly the MCBR seemed to really slow the train down a lot, which kinda killed the pacing a little, and secondly that there was so little else around the coaster. I realise this probably wasn't part of what you wanted to do, but I think this coaster would have worked really well with some trees and maybe some water nearby to really emphasise the speed. Maybe on one side a small lake and the other a forest? But a really nice coaster!

Cryptyc
Truthfully, layout wise, this wasn't amazing. It didn't really feel like it did a lot and it wasn't amazingly interesting. However! It was very well made. It was smooth, pump-free, well banked and the transitions were nice. I think it shows that you've got to grips with the software really well and that's very promising for your future creations.

All in all, good work. I'd maybe think about tackling something a little more different (thinking like Sprint) and hopefully you'll come out with an excellent coaster! And again, sorry I have taken so long. :lol:

tomahawk

Strata Poster

6 months difference from Sprint to Cryptyc and I noticed a difference in smoothness. Like I said, Cryptyc was one I just threw together quickly, didn't like the layout, but I wanted to get a gauge of how far I've come along. What I'm working on now though...that's a bit of a different story.

Thanks for commenting.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Great job on Sprint! I really love the high speed turns! I agree with Hixee, the MCBR slows down the train too much. But the design and colors look oh so good!

Cryptyc was great too. The colors looked nice and the pacing was perfect. I don't know why but I really liked the storage arrangements. :p

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: Tom's NL2 Thread: Y Teaser 10/23

Because.

Limited preview but I'm excited to see what comes of this.