What's new

Thoughts on Saw

nealbie

CF Legend
Regardless of who told who what, there was unquestionably an odd number of cars on the track on Tuesday when Ben and I saw you!

Logic dictates that that is the case! :roll:

Ben

CF Legend
Erol, it might have looked like it was but it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to have been running six trains the way it was running on Tuesday. EVERY time you were switching positions in the station. Which is, as I say IMPOSSIBLE on an even number of trains.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ben said:
Erol, it might have looked like it was but it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to have been running six trains the way it was running on Tuesday. EVERY time you were switching positions in the station. Which is, as I say IMPOSSIBLE on an even number of trains.

Erol! ^ = truth :wink:

Beans

Hyper Poster
Did you not read my post it has run 6 trains all week, this is from a reliable person, it is capable of running 8, which it will do at weekends if it is busy.It runs even numbers not odd, two at a time unless they are running in manual, but this will not be done with people on, we saw it being run on manual when it broke down for 20 mins on the 13th, it was being dispatched by a team leader and engineer when it was testing. Manual control enables them to dispatch one train at a time not in pairs.

nealbie

CF Legend
But we know it can run odd numbers, we saw ( :lol: ) it.

And surely they wouldn't be running it in manual with people on it?

A

Anonymous

Visited Thorpe on a day off to try out Saw. After the inevitable wait for the ride to open we were able to see what the fuss was all about.

All in all I think this is a pretty decent effort by Merlin. The theming is not bad and there is plenty to keep your eyes open for while waiting and riding.

I found the ride enjoyable and on only 2 rides did notice that the ride seems a tad rougher in the back at the right hand side.

And completely off topic, quite a few kids in the park today. Hope they were on inset days and not bunking off. :eek:)

Ollie

CF Legend
Haha. Imagine thinking you're about to drop and then you stop. Would be fun for enthusiasts but probably scary for the GP. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Just a question. For disabled riders do they all have to go up in the lift or is that just for wheelchair users?
If not as the ride is duel loading and has separate onload and offload platforms would you just go up the fastrack or still go up the exit like on other rides?

Infernus

Hyper Poster
^Fast Track Ollie.. Last time I checked anyway.

I'll speak to someone today, if I see her, about the number of trains.. Just to clarify who is right or if Erol is wrong :p

nealbie

CF Legend
A-Kid said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve6GDdZ1jOg[/youtube]

How fun. Lucky buggers.

LOL at 1:04 when you can hear Colossus rumble around in the background! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Saw stopped twice on the lift at the top today.
I think it is a great addition!
The main drop is good and the blades are noticable. The inside is themed ok.
Exit path is good.
The bump is noticeable at the bottom of the drop, we sat 2nd car front row right hand side. Other than that a fun coaster.
Love the first inversion

Mike

Giga Poster
After finally getting on Saw today, I really don't think it's anything special.
Maybe it's an affect from the extreme over-hype that it has been getting, or maybe I'm now getting bored of the "over-90 degrees drop", but it is definitely missing that "something".

I also don't like the way how the restraints trap down on your legs as the ride goes on, making it feel like there is no blood-supply to your leg anymore, but I seem to get that experience from quite a few rides, so maybe I'm not sitting down porperly. :?

nealbie

CF Legend
Mike said:
I also don't like the way how the restraints trap down on your legs as the ride goes on, making it feel like there is no blood-supply to your leg anymore, but I seem to get that experience from quite a few rides, so maybe I'm not sitting down porperly. :?

No I had the same problem, but if you hold up the restraint it's a better ride experience and you don't feel the roughness as much :p

Mike

Giga Poster
A ride where you have to hold up the restraints yourself to have a "better ride" is never going to be a good ride. :p

nealbie

CF Legend
Yeah it was also upsetting that it took 11 rides to realise this, by which time I was severely injured! :lol:

I've only just got over the pain and I'm going back on Tuesday :roll: