What's new

Thoughts on Saw

Slayed

Hyper Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
But my shoulders are killing me, and I have 2 enormous ***ass bruises as a souvenir!
Ben said:
I have shoulder bruises too, and a few leg ones. That coaster HURTS! It's bloody brutal!
Well if you WILL ride it 15 times :lol:.

southend_marc said:
Sounds like Saw is going to put me in hospital lol.
That made me LOL XD.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Ride ride does threaten to kill you, if you come away with a few bruises i wouldn't moan. Thorpe Park DID try and warn you, but hundreds of people didn't listen and still queued around the block for it. :)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
They NEED to move that trim and stick it into the empty housing I noticed on the final block. I can't see why they didn't just do that in the first place?

From what I've read, the train went too fast through the MCBR meaning it would have been impossible to stop it on an emergency stop. IT may have worked with water dummies, but it seems it may have gone through too fast a few times with people.

So the ride needed to be trimmed before the MCBR to make sure it can be stopped when needed, so putting those brakes after the MCBR wouldn't do anything to fix the problem.

I really don't think Thorpe went out to ruin this ride. Remember guys, a MCBR is NOT there to trim a ride, but if it can't stop the train when it needs to, it's not safe.

I am abit gutted I missed the unsafe version though, it sounds well fun. =(

marc

CF Legend
From what we saw on Saturday the MCBR could stop the trains, we saw one get stopped there for ages.

The problem from what I understand was the speed of the train in the final brake run. As someone said before why not slow the train down there before the brakes but maybe there is not enough room.

marc

CF Legend
Maybe trimming it before the final brake run was not enough then, maybe it would have still been to fast?

Looks like to me they have just taken the safe option.

nealbie

CF Legend
Erol does have a point though, it could have gone there. As Marc says, those who went to the live on Saturday saw that the MCBR could stop the trains.

So there's no obvious reason for them putting the trim on the MCBR, unless there was also complaints about the roughness after it into the dive loop that we are unaware of? Just a thought. :roll:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Was it coming through the MCBR's too fast though, and potentially hitting a car on the brake run in the station (if there were lots on the track)?

So the system says "whoa" on the trims, but it didn't enough and was hitting the next block section before the last car would have cleared it fully?

To keep it untrimmed would have meant less cars, or always stopping on the MCBR rather than letting the car pass though. Is the timing that tight?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well I couldn't see any more trains on the transfer tracks so I think Saw only has 6 trains. Also, where on the track would the other 2 trains be held? I can't see it, unless you stack them before the lift but then that would be pointless.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You have to remember, I've not seen the ride :roll:

Is it two cars loading, one lift hill, one MCBR and two..?

spicy

Giga Poster
Woah I havent checked this topic in fear of spoilers but its had trims added?? Thats a spoiler in every sense of the word.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
furie said:
You have to remember, I've not seen the ride :roll:

Is it two cars loading, one lift hill, one MCBR and two..?

Two are launched at a time. One waits for the other to get to the lift hill before it moves on.

So two loading, one indoors, one on the lift, one on the MCBR, and there is also a short wait before you disembark and there are the two loading ahead of you. So that'll be six counted there.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Thats settled that then, so the whole 8 car count thing is rubbish. I am officially baffed as to why they've done this. I know the incident on Saturday was quite major, but an added fin on the last block would have worked. I don't think there is any need for it on the MCBR.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Blimey hadn't notice this topic start and its already long.

Anyway I loved the ride, it was reasonably quick, not sure if the alterations will make any difference but it did fly over the bit it stopped on before. Not sure even if I could that I would want to ride it 15 times in a day again let alone in 5 hours, but I did find it fun, I haven't ridden many Eurofighters so cannot comment whether it is better than them.

I could place a vast amount of photos of the inside, that I took on the 12th, if anyone wants to see them I will load them as private on Facebook viewable to those who want to see them, but I have kept them off so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen inside, as everyone suggested they didn't want to see until they ride it.

When they were running it on 12th they had 6 cars running on track, and I think it was the same 13th. we were allowed in the station while they were testing, that is how we met John Wardley, he was with that chap Vallis, park manager bloke.