What's new

Thoughts on Saw

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
If you rode it before, the finale was very exciting and the force on the pull-up was verging on pain, which was actually quite fun. It was certainly one of the most powerful pull-ups, and the airtime was pure ejector, you literally slammed up into the restraint. Now, you glide.

There is a HUGE difference in ride now. Oh and also, the lift up to the top is slower which kills the first half a little bit too!!

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, there's no airtime there now, I'll concur with that :(

And the swishy transition into the brakes is a bit meh now (not that I have the basis for comparison! I'm just speculating)

Maybe they'll move it :)

nealbie

CF Legend
Station, not bad, but a tad disappointed because of all the hype it got.

After you've done it once it's not really worth going for the second car, as it just means it takes longer to get to the decent part of the ride :wink:

Indoor drop, fab! Airtime! :love5:

Roll could have been better (no spoilers though just because I'm nice)

Considering it's a new coaster, it sure is vicious after the first drop. It's almost as if there's 2 separate tracks at the bottom and the car jumps between the two. Closer inspection shows that the track there is already as flat-spotted as a tyre on Hamilton's car. :lol:

The rest of the ride is pleasant and good fun, the airtime hill also has a nice pop to it, but nothing compared to the ejector at the back of Stinger :roll:

So I'd give it a decent 8.5/10

It's great now, but still a bit rough and it's not going to get any smoother!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
They NEED to move that trim and stick it into the empty housing I noticed on the final block. I can't see why they didn't just do that in the first place?

I also have no idea why they slowed the lift hill down?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
It was faster??? It was still pretty brisk I thought :lol:

Yer, I noticed both differences from the lift to the MCBR, and from the MCBR to the station. Huge difference on both sections, they have to change it because it's been over-tamed.

Ollie

CF Legend
So where abouts are the trims?
I guess they need it having heard what almost/happened on Saturday. Could of been much worse.

Ben

CF Legend
On the MCBR. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's two big lovely shiny magnets there now? Slow it down a lot, you can tell just by looking.

So, they're not actually as you're going round, the MCBR just does something now!

Nic

Strata Poster
yeah, the main mcbr after the bunny hop now actually does something, whereas on friday, it didn't slow you at all. Its completely stolen all of the airtime from that drop out of the breaks. That drop was absolutely ****ing mental on friday... but barely did a thing yesterday :( Ah well, as Leigh said in the bad news topic... at least some of us got to ride it before it was runied! :D

marc

CF Legend
Have to say I am pissed off I did not ride it before now, but it had to be done for other reasons maybe in time they will be able to revert back.

Was this not the case with Speed as well that they needed to trim it?

A

Anonymous

Erol just a question, have you rode it since Friday?

And Tbh I aint botherd if it's been trimmed a bit, it doesnt look that much different from videos.

Ben

CF Legend
It has certainly been trimmed.

You can tell just by looking at it.

That and you can see the new brakes!