What's new

Thoughts on Saw

Ollie

CF Legend
kingatoro said:
I still don't understand the whole "The second car is better" thing? Someone please explain!
I think all that happens is that you get a longer talk from Jigsaw and you see one more puppet or something.
Nothing major I don't think.

A

Anonymous

kingatoro said:
I still don't understand the whole "The second car is better" thing? Someone please explain!

You get to wait on a block straight after the station and watch a pre-ride video before the ride starts, but you only get this in the second car.
This is because two cars are despatched at a time to reduce loading time, the front one doesn't stop and does the indoor section while the second watches the video, giving the first one time to get to the lift hill.

The ride itself isn't any better or worse, it just means the second car gets a more themed experience.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Have been reliably informed that Saw runs on 6 trains most days but likely to run on 8 at weekends, to which it does quite happily.

tks

Strata Poster
Well however many trains they run it's better than the one train Speed was running one day at Oakwood.. :roll:

nealbie

CF Legend
No, it's not a video, it's a puppet with really bad sound quality, it's nothing major. I still have no idea why people on here were raving about it being a much better experience. It basically just repeats what is said in the station, it also means that the ride takes longer to start for you, so once you've done it the once always go on the front car in the station. :)

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Thats settled that then, so the whole 8 car count thing is rubbish. I am officially baffed as to why they've done this. I know the incident on Saturday was quite major, but an added fin on the last block would have worked. I don't think there is any need for it on the MCBR.

Erol.. The maintanence shed/track is hidden just before the lift, hence why you couldn't see them :p

And blocks, I think are - 2 loading, 2 offloading, 2 inside/justoutside, possibly 1 already on the track and 1 in the final brakes.

But there are loads of block segments, Firstly just after the station, Inside the building, 2 just outside pre-lift and then the MCBR. So thats 5.. Remembering you have 2 trains onloading and 2 offloading.. Thats plenty of blocks.

nealbie

CF Legend
^ On tueday, the doors were open to the maintenance shed part just before the lift hill.

There was only one in there, but meh I'm not gonna argue over it :wink:

Infernus

Hyper Poster
^ and how many on the track? :p

Could possibly be, because its a new ride.. the final train is being checked?

Who knows..

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
If it's going to run 8 trains, where are the others supposed to lay?
8 blocks can't run 8 trains, the trains wont even move as all sections are occupied. At the very least, you need 2 blocks empty for smooth operation. Maybe the 7th and 8th train is what the 3rd train is to Stealth?

nealbie

CF Legend
There was an odd number on the track, because there ended up being an odd one in the station every so often.

In fact, 3 sets of 2, then the odd car. So if they were all on the track that would mean 8 (if that makes sense to anyone?) :p

Ben

CF Legend
Well, there's enough room for 8 cars on the final brakes (these hold four) and the station (holding four). I'd guess if it comes to it, that's where they lay. Then not to mention the two blocks inside, couple before the lift, MCBR... there's a fair few, tbh.

I think it was running 7 on Tuesday, but, I'm not sure. It WAS running an odd number of cars (if you were the second train leaving the station, you were the first in the offload when you got back), and I'm sure it was too many to be 5.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
As quoted from MSN..

Just Chris - Forever Boring says:
as 4 in the station
2 inside
2 on ride/finishing

marc

CF Legend
Even not being on the ride yet I knew that was the case :)

Was going to post that before but thought I would get told I was wrong so waited :)

nealbie

CF Legend
Ben said:
Well, there's enough room for 8 cars on the final brakes (these hold four) and the station (holding four). I'd guess if it comes to it, that's where they lay.

I think it was running 7 on Tuesday, but, I'm not sure. It WAS running an odd number of cars (if you were the second train leaving the station, you were the first in the offload when you got back), and I'm sure it was too many to be 5.

Yeah that's what I was thinking!

As Chris said on msn...

4 in the station (2 off loading, 2 on loading)

2 inside (1 waiting at the silly puppet thing, the other going round getting attacked by air)

2 outside (1 going up and down the big painful drop, 1 exiting the MCBR into the dive loop and final brake run)

Ben

CF Legend
Yep, and this isn't even counting the stacking that can very well occur.

I thought you worked on Vampire and thus knew all this stuff Erol?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
They were running 6 trains on Tuesday. How do I know? I asked.

The train thats by itself at the block behind the station waits for it's partner to come back before it moves. The system is designed to move in pairs. I could well be wrong about the train count, and I probably am but I bounced off of what Chris said.

Ben

CF Legend
No Erol.

If they were running 6 and you started in the second car in the loading station, you would be the second in the offload. If they were moving in pairs like you say, they would stay in the pairs. However, the second train in pair A was waiting for the first train in pair B to come back, and they were then going forward to off-load together. Then, the second train in pair B waited for the first in pair C etc.

So, the system may be designed to run in pairs, but on Tuesday it WASN'T. This swap happened every time. Thus, they MUST have been running an odd number of trains, and what you were told is in fact, impossible.