What's new

Thoughts on Saw

Beans

Hyper Poster
2 words Cross Contamination

If you touch the sick you can catch things from it, no 1 is to protect yourself, so H&S is not wrong on this issue. We have to abide by these sort of rules in education as well.

Soap and bucket does not get rid of any risks of cross contamination.

marc

CF Legend
2 examples I have seen were at BGA.

Someone was sick on Sheikra the ride was down for 45 mins as they cleaned it and sent the trains round empty.

Someone was sick on Kumba and that took 30 mins, they sent the train round empty a number of times again.

Nic

Strata Poster
Have the saw team got their own cleaning kit yet? cause they seemed to be having to go and borrow the one from samurai each time the other day

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well you aren't really supposed to keep contained Sanitare inside a public building, so it's stored usually in a cleaning cupboard or an open aired ride.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
spicy said:
Just send the trains round that will get rid of the sick eventually

:pukeleft:

Haha... Good one...

Some will of course, come loose of the general muck, but where would it go? Deep into the ride area? Maybe it would fly into general pathways? Land on a guest's head... Yeah, smart thing to do...

And of course, most will have congealed and stuck to the seat, hence still producing the problem...

Either there's a lack of common sense here, or people have never had to clean up sick... Next time it happens, more than happy to make you do it if you want to... :roll:

Slash

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
spicy said:

Haha... Good one...

Some will of course, come loose of the general muck, but where would it go? Deep into the ride area? Maybe it would fly into general pathways? Land on a guest's head... Yeah, smart thing to do...

And of course, most will have congealed and stuck to the seat, hence still producing the problem...

Either there's a lack of common sense here, or people have never had to clean up sick... Next time it happens, more than happy to make you do it if you want to... :roll:

Benin he was joking... lighten up.

I can see why the sick takes so long to clear up now but surely there could be a better method of picking it up? Maybe we should get on the invention of a moisture absorbing gel.

A

Anonymous

Slash said:
Nemesis Inferno said:
spicy said:

Haha... Good one...

Benin he was joking... lighten up.

I can see why the sick takes so long to clear up now but surely there could be a better method of picking it up? Maybe we should get on the invention of a moisture absorbing gel.

Isn't silica gel exactly that?

I can't see what's wrong with a mop and some dettol ;D

I always thought it took so long because the ride ops were too lazy to clean it up, and called for a cleaner (they are on minimum wage it its not really their job). But that health and safety stuff is ridiculous, why not just use something less dangerous.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Got to ride it last Friday and managed 4 goes before I got a bit bored with it. I was impressed with the theming outside area and the large amout of room to roam around and enjoy watching the first drop. Luckily I only had to endure the queue line area for a short time as the queue moved quick but I wouldn't enjoy being stuck in there for any longer and on a hot day.

I wasn't impressed once entering the building itself. I was expecting a whole lot more. Maybe when they have the actors there or during Fright Nights the experience maybe a bit better. I found it very short too, just 2 flights of stairs and then that was it. The baggage holding area is a good idea and also the person loading the trains from the queue helps moved the crowds through quickly.

The ride itself was good for a Eurofighter but compared to other coasters its nothing special. The indoor section was my favourites but once you get outside its just average. Bit bump at the bottom of the drop but after that I didn't find it too rough. Overall I enjoyed it but it doesn't come close to Inferno or even Colossus.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I really enjoyed the ride- outside following the lift hill it is very short - but pretty damn sweet.

inside
SPOILER
once on the ride, you go round a corner, followed by a short sharp drop - which even 2nd time round still took me by surprise. The second element inside is a banked corner, after which you see the daylight ahead of you - along with an inline twist, which is one of the best surprise elements I've had on a coaster! After this it's out to the lift hill

Queue wise - I quite enjoyed the industrial look outside, but felt they could have done a bit more inside, and I didn't think the saw theme quite fitted in.

Also - as has been mentioned a few times it is a little rough after the drop and through the loop, bnut it sounds as if theuy may be sporting that out..

The coaster has made it into my top 10 though

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Does anybody agree with me that they should of continued the building a bit more around the track after the heartline roll to make the roll area darker?

To me it seems too bright with the light of the outside comming in to be able to see the scene there. With all the light comming in, it kills any suprise the roll may bring...

Ben

CF Legend
^I agree. I think it would have been nice to totally not know the roll was there, but, oh well.

It also would have been nice if they'd bothered to theme after the roll as well, but, alas...

Emmett

Giga Poster
^^Yeah taking it in the dark would have been much better. But some of the people who were on the same train as me still got a bit of a surprise when it came up. Most people are probably not expecting much from the indoor section so that element and the steep drop really catch them out.

The best part of Saw is the indoor section but once it gets outside it becomes boring I feel.