What's new

Thoughts on Saw

John91

Mega Poster
For me, I rate the coaster on how fun it is for me.
So I have always found Colossus more fun than any of the others.
2. Saw
3. Stealth
4. Inferno
5. Fish

No one cares about X:\\WTF do they.

Ali

Mega Poster
I haven't been on Saw yet but why is everyone putting Inferno below Collosus and Stealth? Overall I found it a much more thrilling ride. Collosus was rough as hell, and Stealth was just a **** version of KK. And how can people find Rage more enjoyable than Speed? Rage is just a smaller, slower, shorter version of Speed? How is that better?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I'd stick it in like this.

1) Inferno
2) Saw
3) Stealth
4) Colossus
5) Fish
6) X

Yeah I rate it highly in the park. I'd say Stealth/Colossus were more thrilling in parts, but this is more funner ride overrall.

Emmett

Giga Poster
More celebrities spotted on Saw. This time its Peaches Geldof and she looks horrified.

article-0-0456DDB1000005DC-141_468x449.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ills-Saw-rollercoaster--ends-looking-ill.html

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Ok - my park ordering

1 - Saw
2 - Inferno

3 - Stealth
(1,000 odd returns removed)
4 - colossus

5 - X
(another hundredodd returns)
6 - fish(the previous incarnation at least looked nicely landscaped...)

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Based on what gave me the biggest rush in my last few visits (inc. last year)

Stealth
Saw
Inferno
Colossus
Fish
X:\NWO

marc

CF Legend
I went to my mums tonight at her 12 year old step grand daughter thought Saw was funny and was more scared on Over The Hill.

The part she found the funny was the body.

She also thought Rage was better as she said "it made my head go funny"

I was laughing but I am getting the blame for making her like coasters, she keeps looking at my facebook saying she wants to go to all these theme parks.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Lol I was more scared on Over the Hill than Saw. That finale bit is terrifying.
Saw is great because it's fun from start to finish. Most other rides are only fun in some parts, but on Saw it's fun to queue indoors, the indoor part is good fun and the twisting outdoor layout is great fun as well.
Even waiting for the chain to catch is fun as you look up at the tower and think "oh **** that's steep".

A

Anonymous

April 9th @ Saw

Today has to be the worst day i have been to a themepark , apart from the 4 and a halve hour queue line , the ride also repeativly broken down. I could only get onto 4 rides today because of the amount of trouble that was going on at the park , Collosus was shut also , to be hounest , i will never go to thorpe again if its like this "/

marc

CF Legend
Ollie what is Saw advertised as though? its not meant to be funny for a 12 year old is it lol.

KieranHowellsOakwood sorry to hear you had a bad day :( when Thorpe is good its really good but when they have a bad day its about the worst place to be.

A

Anonymous

Re: April 9th @ Saw

KieranHowellsOakwood said:
Today has to be the worst day i have been to a themepark , apart from the 4 and a halve hour queue line , the ride also repeativly broken down. I could only get onto 4 rides today because of the amount of trouble that was going on at the park , Collosus was shut also , to be hounest , i will never go to thorpe again if its like this "/

Doesn't sound too bad, only one ride broken, and tbh colossus isn't much of a loss.

This has been the first eurofighter i have been on, are they all this slow to load! (Do they have to wait for the two unloading trains to arrive before they can open the gates or something?) once the empty trains move forwards you have to wait about half a minute before boarding.
And giving a target of 90 seconds for every 2 cars Is ridiculous, thats 640 riders per hour, if they actually met that, which they rarely manage to do. I can't see why it takes so long, people have already handed over their bags etc, the restraints are simple to check, theres no belt etc, they just have to pull on it to check its locked and check the green lights are on.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^ Remember, its on low capacity at the moment due to a few issues the ride is having.

If it works how it was designed to, it would be doing 30 second dispatches on 8 cars. It won't be doing that anytime soon. This problem is not Thorpes fault.

Colossus is a big loss. Its queue holds thousands, reducing the amount of people in other areas.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Well, had my 13th ride on it yesterday.. The ride has gotten smoother, and the inline is now lit up more, so you can actually see the scene.