What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I kind of like the idea of the vehicles looking quite small... The contrast makes you realise just how huge the coaster is. Even the plane looks rather small.

dominoes

Mega Poster
Will there actually be any ride interaction with the fire truck? Because it doesn't look like it goes very close...

Ollie

CF Legend
^I'm pretty sure it's just general themeing for the area. Like how the cop car outside Saw doesn't interact with the ride at all. Just adds to the theme of the area.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Well the fire truck looks close in the testing video. Plus it's not as if the coaster has no other interactions.

coasterboy

Mega Poster
the king said:
The place where the fire engine is, there will be a water skimming effect there as well.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Manta-esque skimming, rather than only a few jets going off at the same time like on Raptor

I am he

Roller Poster
Does anyone think the UK will ever get a 200ft plus coaster?? It obviously won't happen in Alton, but I can't understand why we build so small here compared theme parks in other countries??

The most annoying thing about the Swarm, is the fact that after it twists over the station, it easily has enough speed to do something else! It really is far too short.
I am waiting for a coaster the magnitude of X2, Tatsu, Goliath, etc to hit the UK

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
200ft+? What about The Big one? or even Stealth? I do agree we need a good 200ft coaster that's got a decent length. Not gonna happen in the near future though.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Isn't it because most of our parks are in close proximity to where people are living, and people get all bitchy about seeing rollercoasters when they look out of their window?

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's probably just misfortune of circumstance really, as Jordan touched upon most of the big parks who could invest in such a large ride are either in areas under strict planning restraints, dense resedential areas and so on. Plus there's the lack of space at the big three parks, if anything the park most likely to be able to add such a large scale ride to their collection would either be Drayton or FL, and I can't see either of them having either the finances or the desire to do so.

I'd personally love the novelty of it, but then I've grown up with 'the lift tower' being one of the reference points for Northampton so I appreciate it more than loathe it (might be different if I lived underneath it as some do mind).

Ben

CF Legend
There's also the issue of cost here. In America they can build massive coasters for the same price as we get out "medium" coasters for, sadly. And since we haven't got any parks willing and able to make that much investment, who then have the space or planning allowance...

Ollie

CF Legend
Thorpe Park rollercoaster crash test dummies lose LIMBS during test run
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -23715373/

I'm calling a load of bull and their usual crap publicity stunts. We've already seen that the train would be clear when they had the clearance board things. Also "so if that means re-modelling a church it's taken us a year to build, then so be it." Nice to know they know how long it takes them to build stuff. The church only took about 2 months to build. :p

marc

CF Legend
Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

What a shame all the great work they have been doing goes out the window with stupid things like this. It's bloody stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.