What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

I suppose... oh and I didn't see you today Ian :( Never mind. I guess they will erect the supports, track, station, theming and then queues??

Ethan

Strata Poster

Oh and also I think one of the new flat rides will be next to LC12, possibly a Huss Topspin themed like Ripsaw

the king

Mega Poster

Just a question of curiosity. How deep do the footers have to be dug for B&M coasters? Looking @ the drill for saw-the ride, they wern't as big as LC12s one, so I pressume the footers should be dug really deep for LC12.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Yeah, gee, that's surprising. A bigger ride, with heavier trains and more intense forces needs deeper supports. You wouldn't have thought it would you?

the king

Mega Poster

If I am correct those pictures with the drill, of LC12, were at the lift hill footers section.No high forces there, only weight. Now look at the drop for saw-the ride. You get alot of forces there and also some weight, yet a small, in comparrison to LC12s drill, was used for the footers of the drop. If you know the answer to my question, that would be great, if you don't then you don't.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

the king said:
Just a question of curiosity. How deep do the footers have to be dug for B&M coasters? Looking @ the drill for saw-the ride, they wern't as big as LC12s one, so I pressume the footers should be dug really deep for LC12.

we-need-to-go-deeper-25325-1281381389-18.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

the king said:
If I am correct those pictures with the drill, of LC12, were at the lift hill footers section.No high forces there, only weight. Now look at the drop for saw-the ride. You get alot of forces there and also some weight, yet a small, in comparrison to LC12s drill, was used for the footers of the drop. If you know the answer to my question, that would be great, if you don't then you don't.
Just think for a second.

I bet one of the wingrider trains just sitting on the track puts as much force though the supports as a Eurofighter train at the bottom on the drop (that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it bet it's not far wrong). Look how massive these trains are:
27cet7k5kq722s84heo009.jpg

Compared with these TINY things:
k22c7rgb8gog88002bpa0l.jpg

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me at all. I'd have thought the track alone would require deeper foundations... Is it really that surprising to you that the foundations are MUCH deeper on LC12? :roll: You also have no idea what the difference between the soils is at each part too, there might be something about the ground at the LC12 site that requires deeper footers.

And no, I don't know how deep they are. And I don't really care.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Ok lol
I care because digging takes time, and I want to see vertical construction.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY IZNT IT DUN YET!!!! ARGH!!!!! THORPZ T3RRBL! AGHHH!! ITZ NOT DUN SO ITZ GUNA SUX NOW!!!! RAHHH!

Calm the **** down. Its July 4. It won't open til, what, April? May? So at least another 10 months? **** ing fanboys. (I say this fully accepting I used to be a SFMM fanboy).

Ethan

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY IZNT IT DUN YET!!!! ARGH!!!!! THORPZ T3RRBL! AGHHH!! ITZ NOT DUN SO ITZ GUNA SUX NOW!!!! RAHHH!

Calm the **** down. Its July 4. It won't open til, what, April? May? So at least another 10 months? **** ing fanboys. (I say this fully accepting I used to be a SFMM fanboy).

We weren't in a panic and streaming our heads of were we now... so stop over exaggerating!

Ethan

Strata Poster

ALSO delays cost money which will mean theming cuts!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

^1. There's an edit button... Use it please...

2. Half this topic is just you and one or two others going on about why there hasn't been any updates of any worthwhile nature...

3. Don't bloody panic... It'll be built in time...

4. I'm sure the park has it's own personal time-frame set for the construction of the ride, based upon how they feel the work will be done, since groundwork at Thorpe is very different to other parks (i.e. It's on/around water) it WILL take longer to organise the ground correctly... Saw didn't start till August if I recall, so basically, they aren't behind/delayed or ANYTHING...

Tl;dr. Calm down, stop spamming and it will be built when it's built and not before...

Ethan

Strata Poster

We know that, and it would just be us two if more people commented.
Also we haven't just been complaining about updates, we have been discussing other subjects like weight of trains, TV advertising etc. Obviously you didn't read the last few pages very well

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^No-one else is commenting because there's **** ALL TO TALK ABOUT.

T0M

Hyper Poster

If I was a bookmaker, I'd offer the following prices...decimal odds of course.

Opening month (2011):
March: 1.10
April: 2.20
May: 7.00
June or later: 17.00
Project to be cancelled: 101.00

Thorpe Park to reach capacity on opening day:
Yes: 3.00

Johnathan Ross to ride on general public opening day or before:
Yes: 1.20

The ride to feature branded sponsorship, theming or association:
Yes: 1.50

Train to stall after being released from the lift hill on opening day:
Yes: 67.00

Robb Alvey to be impressed by the ride, and not just by UK standards:
Yes: 501.00

MrCobyChan

Roller Poster
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012 TRACKS

GOOD NEWS!!!! SOME OF THE TRACK HAS ARRIVED AT THORPE PARK :D I SAW (JULY 5TH 2011) all good! :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAA........

orgasm

Status
Not open for further replies.