What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Why did I even come into this topic? Excuse me while I just punch myself in the face.

mouse

Giga Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
I think .Will meant this:

431489.jpg

This is why I belong on this topic.

.Will

Roller Poster

Yeah I did mean that photo. I was just wondering where it came from that is all.

I think some people are getting very arsey. It is just a rumour there has been no pictures yet people are jumping the gun a little bit.

:roll:

the king

Mega Poster

^But he said he SAW the track.

P.S I'm not saying that there is track, only a possibility.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^It's the internet. People say all sorts of stuff. :roll:

Fuxake, just chill about the whole thing. I don't know why you all care so much, it'll be finished on time, stop worrying and more importantly filling this thread with ****.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

gavin said:
Why did I even come into this topic? Excuse me while I just punch myself in the face.

Best.Post.Ever.

I saw a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater, so insto-facto I am telling the truth because I said I saw it.

(somebody please get that reference...)

STC

Mega Poster

The last dozen or so posts should be removed. Track clearly hasn't come. This person is clearly a liar. Just completely spamming up the topic. Also the "Les Coogan" on Facebook was proven to be a fake, by a response from Thorpe's marketing department.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ That's interesting, STC (at last, a worthwhile post!).

I genuinely though he was real, considering he's been running around the park and shiz. Anymore info on that?

Regarding the track, that photo appears to be one from Screamscape a month or so ago. Cited as being possible LC12 track.

As I've said, I have it on good authority that the track has not arrived and will be arriving in September. Aside from a few construction images (expect footers soon!), nothing exciting is happening until 1st August and even then it will mainly be online. Beans is heading there tomorrow, we'll wait for her report.

However, I do promise to bring you an "exciting" update after my next visit to Thorpe. :wink: And no, I'm not saying when that will be. :p

STC

Mega Poster

Ian said:
^ That's interesting, STC (at last, a worthwhile post!).

I genuinely though he was real, considering he's been running around the park and shiz. Anymore info on that?
No no, the guy walking around on park is totally real (real as in, employed by Thorpe as part of the marketing for LC12). But the "Les Coogan" profile on Facebook claiming to be official who set up the "crack squads" is fake. The only official marketing by Thorpe has been the guys walking around on park and the posters everywhere.

There were suspicions after his weird and unprofessional posts, so the leaders of "Crack Squad Bravo" messaged Thorpe's marketing team and was told he's nothing to do with the park and then posted this:

Crack Squad Bravo said:
Truth. It's a funny thing. How about some REAL truth for once. This is not part of this 'game' this a simple fact. Les Coogan is a fake. He is nothing to do with Thorpe Park, LC12 or Merlin Entertainments. His entire 'game' on here is a complete fabrication. If I were you, I wouldn't bother wasting the time and effort. Just thought you would like to know...

So we can forget about this and add it to the pile of hoaxes. It wasn't really a particularly good one, no match for my "Maude de Neville" SW6 hoax on TowersTimes a few years ago. :)

T0M

Hyper Poster

This is for real, B&M track is currently at Thorpe Park.

the king

Mega Poster

Sweet mary. Now there is nothing else I am going to be more happy about this year. Do you have any pics of the track @ thorpe park?

T0M

Hyper Poster

Not to hand, but there's plenty on Theme Park Review etc.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

The only photos/vids I can find on TPR are the ones of the possible track from Screamscape in May

http://screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#BM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BxaZbI0s3Y&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

(But then trying to find anything on TPR without the colour scheme and cluttered pages making me feel nauseous might have been a hindrance)

T0M

Hyper Poster

I always feel kind of guilty when one of my (what I thought were crude and obvious) jokes deceives decent people...

...the track in question is currently situated in an area of faux tropical vegetation and based around a wharehouse covered in foam.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Would have been funny if hadn't already been done on the page before.

T0M

Hyper Poster

Martyn B said:
Would have been funny if hadn't already been done on the page before.

I saw nothing, although if it was dependent on an image, they don't always display when I am at 'the other place'.

ry1996

Mega Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
The only photos/vids I can find on TPR are the ones of the possible track from Screamscape in May

hi, That track has already been confirmed to be going to Dollywood for 2012 screamscape sources showed us pics and have been doing for ages of it painted Blue At dollywood there are pics.
One of the trucks pulled up in a gas station screamscape said someone asked the driver where they were going they said "dollywood" so it proved it was not going to thorpe park, The pics screamscape had of the track also had a label on which matched the ones on the Pic you saw at the b&m plant

Ethan

Strata Poster

oh... damn :( Not trying to go off topic, but is Dollywood's coaster going to be a wingrider to??

Status
Not open for further replies.