What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king

Mega Poster
Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^From all info that has been collected, it is likely going to be a wing-rider. :x

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

'Unfortunately'?

Not in any way is it a bad thing that Dollywood are getting the same... It won't cause any issue with Thorpe's so I don't see what the problem is...

ry1996

Mega Poster

NO there is nothing wrong with dollywood getting one i also heard from screamscape its roumoured that cedar point may be getting one for 2013 "sorry if that was off topic"
Its the track for dollywood though not thorpe park, thorpe parks track is not due to arrive until august

Ethan

Strata Poster

I heard that B&M Wingriders were only for merlin parks at the moment

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

lol thorpe park fanboy's make me laugh....... (cough cough looking at the king ) think before you type dumbass

the king

Mega Poster

^Be careful what you write ok. I don't like people calling me things like that. I just want to know these things, because I want to create my own coaster business, and also for workexperience with them. Any, we are all coaster enthusiasts, maybe i may be abit over the top, i admit. Nothing bad in that, so don't call me a dumbass.

P.S. I'm not a thorpe park fanboy.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Not to be nasty, but, good luck with that. It's extremely competitive to get into the coaster industry. Try something smaller like, I don't know, working as a ride-op or something. It's the closest you're going to get to being in the coaster industry...

the king

Mega Poster

^I'm partnering up with my friend who wants to be a film director and own a studio. We have both agreed to help, and of course i won't jump in instantly. I have read some books, like Sir James Dyson and how he started, and other things like that. And one other thing that would interest you peeps. A event called IAAPA where I will try and do work experience with the manufacturers. This will be my last OFF-TOPIC post. I promise that.
http://www.euroattractionsshow.com/

Nic

Strata Poster

Right, I've had enough of this. If and when some real news happens, please PM a mod. In the meantime, I'm locking this as its doing my head in and not getting us anywhere.

PS. Here's some pics apparently taken yesterday. As far as I can see, the only thing that's new is a cement mixer.
http://www.themeuk.net/LC12_Thorpe_ParkPG1.html

Move along, nothing to see here

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I can 100% confirm that track has not arrived.

This will be unlocked tomorrow. It's already been locked once before, so please try to calm down.

If anybody wishes to discuss anything outside of LC12 then please use the other forums to do so.

The way I look at it is that there is NO NEWS to report. It's diggers, cement and MUD. Until there are visible footers, then there's not much to talk about. It will open in March ad we'll know a little more next month.

T0M

Hyper Poster

What do you think will happen in the park itself on 1 August, Ian (or anyone else)?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Nothing much will be happening at the park on 1st August, the activity will be 99% online. And even then I can't tell you what it is. Not because I know and can't say, but because I don't know!

Personally I think they'll reveal the name.

Nic

Strata Poster

Yeah, I agree. Looking back to Saw, all the viral stuff built up to Friday 13th October. If my memory serves me correctly, when that finally came, they basically just released a press release stating the name and theme. It might've also been the day they properly launched the microsite, but I can't remember.

On 1st August, I'd expect a press release stating the name, plus a few more pages to be added to the lc12.net microsite

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Nic said:
On 1st August, I'd expect a press release stating the name, plus a few more pages to be added to the lc12.net microsite
And about 10 extra pages to this topic with everybody saying it's a **** name :roll:

Please, please, please do not spend the next few weeks posting "I think the name will be..." because nobody knows and it's pointless.

We shall find out on 1st August.

Ethan

Strata Poster

What were the Saw viral ads?
Were they the red box videos or am I thinking of something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.