What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Rob said:
TP Rich said:
But I think the people who say 'Thorpe isn't a theme park, it's an amusement park' are ridiculous. The only ride in the park that has no obvious theme is Slammer.
Seriously, if you consider Thorpe Park themed, you need to understand exactly what themeing is. The park has no distinct areas; they have now removed all reference to areas of the park, there is no clear distinction and to the general public, noone will notice any real change walking around the park. Yes, an effort is made to theme individual attractions but there is no consistency, little overriding area feelings or themes, and those that are there are not nurtured? If you understand me, there is little area upkeep, and the park clearly want to loose any real theme to each area.

Removed all references to themed areas? Then how do you explain the Amity Cove theming around Storm Surge and WWTP Radio? How about the painfully obvious Canada Creek? Who wouldn't notice stepping into a tropical-themed area from a wild west themed one? Not to mention Lost City. Have you ever been to Thorpe Park?

coastergeek14

Roller Poster
Re: Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Watched Coach trip and Raptor was on and it looked epic.. Can't wait for Swarm! :D Sorry for being a bit off topic!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

the king

Mega Poster
Thorpe park posted these pictures of the red arrows testing it out.

402384_303145019740804_163052343750073_786762_1689908135_n.jpg

swarm-first-ride-1.jpg

swarm-first-ride-5.jpg

swarm-first-ride-4.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
Love it when people quote a line of pictures, even though the post was directly above theirs...
Anyway it looks nice.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ohhh, Lovin' the look of the station! those rusted air-gates against the flagstone church floor. Nicely done thorpe.

dominoes

Mega Poster
Oh, thank god they have arms and legs... But this looks great! However, I hope they put some more stuff in that station. It seems a bit bare at the moment. I think they missed a trick by not having a celing. They could have done so much with beams, lights and such like. But I do understand why there isn't a roof. I think I would prefer that inline twist to a roof...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
For a post apocalyptic bombed out church, it's pretty clean and fresh looking. They could of at least cracked some of the floor tiles.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Love the way the pilots are all just casually sat there twiddling their thumbs!

(Either that or keeping their arms in so as not to lose them :wink: )

marc

CF Legend
owenrita121 said:
For a post apocalyptic bombed out church, it's pretty clean and fresh looking. They could of at least cracked some of the floor tiles.

Health and Safety would love that, and people would complain the floor tiles were broken lol. They really cannot win can they?

I am pleased with what they have done and at least its not just plain flooring.

Well done I say it all looks great.

Mark

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
^ And the pew style fencing! Some great little touches there, well done Thorpe!

I was just about to mention that too. I think it all looks really good. Very nice!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
-lofty- said:
**** sake. People can't be **** happy ever. It looks fine. The station actually looks pretty good!
It does look nice if it was a normal station, but It doesn't really look like a post apocaliptic station though. From the outside it looks very nice, but the inside is abit of a let down.

Lofty

CF Legend
owenrita121 said:
-lofty- said:
**** sake. People can't be **** happy ever. It looks fine. The station actually looks pretty good!
It does look nice if it was a normal station, but It doesn't really look like a post apocaliptic station though. From the outside it looks very nice, but the inside is abit of a let down.
Yeah, so?
Is the station floor REALLY going to affect the ride or your opinion of the ride all that much?!

It seems like all people have done is slag off whatever Thorpe have done with this. Just grow up and be thankful that they're adding a DECENT attraction.

DAMN you Thorpe for not correctly placing cracked floors that most of the General Public won't even give a **** about. Just, damn you.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
I love it, the ONLY thing that I would have preferred would to have a roof, which would have let Thorpe add some more atmosphere to the station!

Status
Not open for further replies.